Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk Fx red light A button

Juanes007

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 5:16 AM, Juanes007 said:

My Firehawk Fx stopped working. Nothing is displayed on the interface. A red light shines at the "A" button. Nothing so far has worked: Factory reset, connecting it through the USB and trying to update it. 

Could be the SDcard inside, sometimes you just need to remove and insert again

You need to remove, the screws at the back side (NOT THOSE IN THE MIDDLE) only the screws at the plastic support

Now you can slide de front and remove carefully

Now remove all the nuts and the screws at the ouput side

You will see  a large and a little electronic board, turn CAREFULLY the little one and you will see the  micro sd card 8 GO class 4

Try to remove it and insert again you can power on the FH to take a look if restart or not

If not :

The image is broken on the Sdcard you need to reinstall a new .bin image on  the sd card

The sd card can be fixed with a little bit glue, take care to not add glue on the connector of the sd card

3 hours ago, Punkyboy said:

Could be the SDcard inside, sometimes you just need to remove and insert again

Solid A button would indicate the SD is detected, but firmware was not found on it. It's unlikely the card is loose/dislodged. That scenario typically has only the display backlight on(dim blue light, no text) with no switches lit up.

16 minutes ago, NucleusPrime said:

Solid A button would indicate the SD is detected, but firmware was not found on it. It's unlikely the card is loose/dislodged. That scenario typically has only the display backlight on(dim blue light, no text) with no switches lit up.

Try it first

otherway = rewrite the firmware on the sdcard with  imageUSB (free software don't need to instal, just launch)

31 minutes ago, Punkyboy said:

Try it first

otherway = rewrite the firmware on the sdcard with  imageUSB (free software don't need to instal, just launch)

I think you're confusing me with the OP.  I don't need to try it. I'm the one who originally posted the backup process to the FB group.

1 hour ago, NucleusPrime said:

I think you're confusing me with the OP.  I don't need to try it. I'm the one who originally posted the backup process to the FB group.

Some people say that sometimes just need to move the sd card works !

56 minutes ago, Punkyboy said:

Some people say that sometimes just need to move the sd card works !

I know you are just trying to help. But I don't think you fully understand how the unit works. Or how to recognize the various ways it can fail to start up. I've done extensive research and testing on the Firehawk FX. It's not guesswork. When the A Button is lit solid the problem is NOT the SD card being loose or missing. The Firehawk has detected the card if the A button is lit, but was unable to load the firmware. Meaning it's a problem with the firmware itself. It's either not on the SD card or the data was somehow corrupted.

It's not difficult to take the Firehawk apart, but there's a fair amount of time and energy required to do it. There's no point in recommending someone disassemble their unit when it stands no chance of fixing the problem.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...