Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is It Best To Use The Dt25/50 Head With The Matching Dt25/50 Cab ?

glenbury

Hi guys; Is there anyone that uses a DT25 or 50 head with a cab other than the matching DT25/50 cab ? Could I use a Mesa C90 cab with the DT25 head ? Would that be okay ? Or does the DT25 head have to be paired specifically with the DT25 cab ? Thanks

I'm using a Marahall 4x12 loaded with Greenbacks with my HD400 - DT50 setup. I pretty much use all the Marshall models ( JTM 45, Plexi Bright, JCM800) on 'preamp models'. I was shooting for more 'classic' tones of which the Celestion Greenback is known for.

Perhaps the 2 models of speakers found in the Line 6 cabinets cover most sonic territory that the diverse range of consumers would need.

For me, I'm a Marshall guy but couldn't afford 3 or 4 heads and so I use the DT50 as a more than adequate 'consolidation' of the Marshall catologue and for me, my choosing of a Greenback loaded cab helps get the specific era tones I'm chasing.

I hope that makes sense.

Changed the speaker in my DT50112 to a Jenson Jet Tornado...Typically, I prefer a 112 combo on a 212 cabinet...This means three 16 ohm speakers in parallel running a 5.3 ohm load...I am happy with my results. When rehearsing I often use my DT25 head with a 212 cab...sometimes the stock cab...That speaker has also been changed...Nothing special about the stock speakers...GH-90s are decent Celestion OEM speakers, but not spectacular...I am not a Celestion fan in general, so my opinion is likely biased anyway.