Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix/HX 3.10—"THE WE REALLY WANTED TO FIT MOST OF THIS INTO 3.0 BUT RAN OUT OF TIME UPDATE"

Digital_Igloo

25 minutes ago, ts14064shred said:

Another fantastic update (and simplified update process)- thank you!

I was wondering about the HX Edit version. My existing HX Edit still seems to be version 3.01, not 3.10.

I did perform a successful Firmware update to 3.10 to my Helix floor unit using the 3.01 Edit with no issues per the update instructions,

but do I now have Edit version 3.10? How do I know?

Also, could you please start including in your "restore backup" directions to unclick the Factory 1 and 2, as well as the Templates,

to not override our new version updates in those areas?

Thank you for a great product and great support.

You can check both your editor and firmware version in HX Edit by going to 'Help' --> 'About HX Edit' in the menu.  Totally agree that there should be a message regarding the Factory and Templates setlists.  There should probably also be a message to update Native if you own it as well, until and if Native becomes part of the HX Edit update. If I were Line6 I would work the Native update into HX Edit not only to enhance the update process but also simply from a sales perspective. If there were a checkbox to update Native it would actually provide an incentive to some people who did not yet own it to take the plunge and purchase it.  People have a natural tendency to want to check all the boxes. :-)

Btw, did you use the Line6 Updater rather than HX Edit to update your firmware?  If you used HX Edit 3.0.1 it now guides you to upgrade the HX Edit version before it allows you to update the firmware.  Same will apply to the 3.10 version of the editor and probably all subsequent editor versions for the foreseeable future.  The only reason the Line6 Updater should be used at this point is if there is no other option because the update directly from HX Edit is not working.

Thank for your response "Honest Opinion". Yes, I used my HX Edit to perform the update. I just ran the download for the HX Edit 3.10 on it's own successfully and I see it is downloaded as such. Since my Helix seems to be already updated to 3.10, I'll assume I'm good to go (I hope). Thank you for the help. 

On 4/20/2021 at 11:39 AM, flop54 said:

Thank you fpr this update but what about the lfo's reset? I didn't read anything about this problem. It's a shame!

WWoooooowwww...

Line 6 progammers, You are really good guys and so modest. You didn't notify the lfo reset but you solved it!

Now it works for me. I test it with midi sync, and a second midi controler, it seems to be ok! And the others midi implementation are so useful.

I think that an automatic phase reset in each snapshot change would be great too.

A big thank for this update!

How can you run out of time?  We got nothing but time.  There's a pandemic in case you haven't noticed.  Throw away all schedules and delay the release of ANY update until you get it right.  Software companies have to stop doing it too.  If it is non-functioning then it is not fit for release.  I took a chance on 3 but I'm going back to my old way of doing things.  I'm no longer going to update unless I have to.  Having a working device is a billion times more important than getting a few new models.  I'm not going to be your beta-tester anymore.

13 hours ago, MGW-Alberta said:

How can you run out of time?  We got nothing but time.  There's a pandemic in case you haven't noticed.  Throw away all schedules and delay the release of ANY update until you get it right.  Software companies have to stop doing it too.  If it is non-functioning then it is not fit for release.  I took a chance on 3 but I'm going back to my old way of doing things.  I'm no longer going to update unless I have to.  Having a working device is a billion times more important than getting a few new models.  I'm not going to be your beta-tester anymore.

What the heck is your issue? Do you have a certain bug that is affecting you?

14 hours ago, MGW-Alberta said:

....... Throw away all schedules and delay the release of ANY update until you get it right. ........  I'm no longer going to update unless I have to. ........

Can you define, in quantitative terms,  what you mean by 'get it right'? What are the critical checkboxes that Line 6 should tick off before releasing an update? Which of those were not, in your opinion, ready in the latest release?

You never 'have to' update. If you're happy with your current firmware version you can remain there for the rest of your device's life. As was already asked - are you having any issues now that you're back to your old way of doing things?

3 hours ago, Lotastic_Sounds said:

I have made an update through the HX Edit software

Firstly, ensure that the version of HX Edit is version 3.10 - if not download and install that and check again.

If it was already 3.10, before you made the update, you should have made a backup of the HX Stomp and when the update completed the unit should have restarted and rebuilt the presets. Then you should have performed a “Factory Reset” on the HX Stomp and then reload your backup. If this didn’t happen - do the reset now. Hold don FS 2&3 while turning the power on.

if this doesn’t reveal the new additions to the firmware, perform a re-install of the firmware then load your backup.

Hope this helps makes sense.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, podling9 said:

I hope that the folks at Line 6 spend at least one update correcting the shortcomings

This is interesting - are you sure that you bought the correct product to match up with your ideals?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, podling9 said:

Yes. Absolutely! It's important to read the sentence to the end.

Hi,

I read the whole thing - I just didn’t quote it all, as with this one.

To me, it did appear to be critical of the new things added to the firmware. Which, when you consider these things are given to users for FREE, comes across as rather ungrateful, especially when you mention a certain other brand as comparison.

If you really are commenting that some effects were not up to scratch right from “Helix at it's birth”, then I stand by my original question: “are you sure that you bought the correct product”. On one hand you say it is, “one of the most stunning pieces of equipment available”, having previously said that Line 6 should, “spend at least one update correcting the shortcomings that exist in the unit”, and now “the new Quad Cortex are revealing poor quality elements.” Very odd.

Anyhow, as you are no doubt aware, if you wish for any changes, additions, or improvements to the FREE firmware updates, then Ideascale is the place to post, and make sure others have not made similar requests or it will thin out the votes.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

7 hours ago, podling9 said:

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Hi, again,

Thank you for the clarification of what it is that you feel could be improved in the Helix. Now it makes a little more sense and not such a diatribe of the free firmware.

Although, you may find Ideascale confusing, and it looks a complete mess when you go through it, it's the only place available where users can post suggestions that have a hope in hell of coming to fruition. I have no concept of how the suggestions are prioritised or selected for inclusion in any updates - guess we're stuck with it, but there it is.

Have fun.

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, narramor said:

My Helix firmware is version 3.01 but my HX Edit is 3.00.  Can I just update HX Edit to 3.10 or do I need to update to HX Edit 3.01 first?

You can just update to HX Edit v3.10. Install all components of the installer package, then run HX Edit with your Helix connected. Log  in to your Line 6 account within HX Edit. You should then be prompted to update the firmware.

• 2 weeks later...

>> increased oversampling without higher DSP usage

thanks, appreciate your dedication.

(IMHO) Progress is mostly the sum of little improvements too small to be obvious individually.
This here probably comes closest to literally "pushing the ceiling" ...

Hey feature request. On my Helix Floor, I can select what input the Tuner is looking at. Often, I use returns as inputs when I have multiple guitars hooked up. But I can't do that on the Stomp/XL. Can this be added? I just bought a Stomp XL and today used the returns for a dual source acoustic I have... and realized that I can't tune it with the Stomp... had to use my phone.

Thanks!

39 minutes ago, rpschultz13 said:

Hey feature request. On my Helix Floor, I can select what input the Tuner is looking at. Often, I use returns as inputs when I have multiple guitars hooked up. But I can't do that on the Stomp/XL. Can this be added? I just bought a Stomp XL and today used the returns for a dual source acoustic I have... and realized that I can't tune it with the Stomp... had to use my phone.

Hi,

This Is the wrong place to post a features request - nobody from Line 6 will see it in here.

This link is where you need to go to have any hope of it been seen by anyone from Line 6, who maybe able to make it happen:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/index

Before posting any  new ideas, please do a search to see if it's already been listed. Multiple requests for the same thing will thin out the votes. Also, post your ideas one at a time. Many users don’t vote for combined suggestions.

You should use this thread to let other users know what your suggestions are, with links to IdeaScale, so they can vote on it if they wish.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...