Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix/HX 3.10—"THE WE REALLY WANTED TO FIT MOST OF THIS INTO 3.0 BUT RAN OUT OF TIME UPDATE"

Digital_Igloo

On 4/15/2021 at 5:38 PM, HonestOpinion said:

Fanfreakintastic! Thank you Line6 for continuing to add new features and functionality for all these years. Almost six years now with the Helix and it continues to impress. You folks rock!

6 yrs on Helix for some folks....but Yr1 on Pod Go for me (which is my intro to Helix modeling). So hope there's more to come!

Would greatly appreciate Bogner Ecstasy + Actual D-Stye amp - Bludotone, Glasswerks etc.

I just can't seem to bond with Litigator. Go play a real Fuchs ODS and tell me it's the same thing. 

I'm impressed by these updates and L6, which seems doing a great job keeping the pace with the modern pedal market and sound design. Love all that glitchy/poly/tape/freeze stuff (all things that I usually do with a Empress Zoia), and great to see new reverbs. Updated my Stomp, all good so far (only little problem is that you have to unload/reload the blocks that have been updated). Today it's time for my Rack. Bravi! :)

• Upvote 1

unfortunately, the problem with Midi and snapshots that had to be solved is still there: for me that I use hx only via midi via Boss Es8 is a very serious problem. 

and I found two others problema that I hadn't noticed before the update:

1-if I switch via midi from one preset to another trying to activate a snapshot that was not active at the time of saving, the new preset does not turn on and the one from which I arrived remains functional.  if I then select the snapshot active at the time of saving the preset changes

2-I'm trying to activate the tuner via the Es8, or by creating a patch that via midi activates the tuner screen (cc 68, value 0/127) or by controlling Fs4 and Fs5 with an Es8 footswitch, but in both cases it doesn't work  : the tuner turns on but cannot be turned off;  in some cases it switches off but restarts autonomously without me touching anything.  
The first two are definitely two bugs, can you help me with the tuner problem?  am I doing something wrong?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, rosskoss said:

I just can't seem to bond with Litigator. Go play a real Fuchs ODS and tell me it's the same thing. 

It isn’t the same thing. 

Read the quote in this post from the guy who created the model.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Getting to learn the ins and outs of my brand new Helix LT yesterday and find out a new patch with awesome support and content importantly added! That said I am having trouble downloading the flash for 3.10 on my PC.

I had no trouble upgrading from Helix LT 2.30 to 3.0 but getting the attached error when trying to download from flash.

Seems I have to do the update from file because editor is not updating when i queue up to check for updates from within.

image.thumb.png.acddc4ff8e45a43db470a0752bbab686.png 

Note: the Edit 3.01 self-update to 3.10 mentioned in the Release Notes did not work. Running macOS Catalina. Download and manual update worked. I don't know whether 3.10 was shipped with a self-update feature that we'll see when 3.11 comes out, but here's hoping.

The new feature list looks exciting. Can't wait to get through a thorough review.

Hi

Great job Line6. Just made the update from 3.01 to 3.1 and it went like a breeze... again. 33 minutes from start to finish, that includes the whole procedure and two rebuild of presets (first after upgrading the firmware and the second after restoring backup) that alone tok almost 15 minutes. 

Can't wait to dig in to the new stuff. Ratatouille Dist/RAT (will see if this one beet my homemade one:-), Dynamic Hall and Hot Springs has the potential to be favorites. Mandarin Rocker, no opinion but will test and see... 

Again, thanks Line6 for the update.

//Per

• Upvote 1

Just updated my Floor and Native and it was smooth as silk.

The longest time was spent in making and restoring the backup files - I seemed to have had it full of stuff.

Stunning stuff. The Euclidean Delay and Dynamic Hall are the business.

Big thanks to Eric, and all the rest of the Line 6 crew, for once again adding all this free stuff to an already amazing piece of kit.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, datacommando said:

Just updated my Floor and Native and it was smooth as silk.

The longest time was spent in making and restoring the backup files - I seemed to have had it full of stuff.

Stunning stuff. The Euclidean Delay and Dynamic Hall are the business.

Big thanks to Eric, and all the rest of the Line 6 crew, for once again adding all this free stuff to an already amazing piece of kit.

A reminder here to everyone regarding Native, there is a new 3.10 version. It appears you still need to export a bundle(equivalent of a Native backup) and download and install Native 3.10 manually. At least I did. It does not yet seem to be part of the new HX Edit automated install process. Did I miss an instruction or checkbox regarding Native in the HX Edit 3.10 upgrade procedure?  If so shame on me. IMHO the release notes for Native 3.10 seem to imply that HX Edit will be part of automating the Native update. I did not find that to be the case. The Native release notes appear to be more of a reference to the HX Edit and HX firmware upgrade rather than Native although they do serve as a reminder to keep all of your software's versions in sync.

Btw, clicking on the little setup cog icon in the bottom left of the Native plugin's screen and then clicking "Check for Updates" will bring up the link for downloading the 3.10 version of Native.

Native 3.10 release notes:

"How do I update to 3.10?

Did you happen to update HX Edit to 3.01 (released on Feb 2, 2021)? If so, just connect Helix/HX to your computer via USB and launch HX Edit. The software will walk you through the entire procedure, including updating HX Edit 3.01 to 3.10, and backing everything up to your computer."

• Upvote 1

And yet again about the Euclidean Delay: Note Sync is broken. At any given tempo, with Sync at 1/4, tapping quarter or half notes results in exactly the same pattern (the very same delay speed that is). Doesn't make *any* sense.
I can provide a video.

I had a problem and am stuck!

Checked I had edit 3.01, then updated via this using instructions, it then came up with update error at end of helix firmware update and advised to do factory reset using mid 2 buttons, which I have done to no avail when switch helix unit back on starts to load 3.10.0 and then says ‘boot failure entered update mode!’. I then checked my helix edit to try again and it wouldn’t connect but I also noticed that it says it was edit v3, not 3.01, which it was before!? So I followed instructions and link to to update hx edit to 3.10 and try this but it will not recognise my helix lt and helix unit says same boot error, further attempts to factory reset have done nothing. Any ideas- I raised a support ticket as can’t find any instructions anywhere to get out of this, at least I did the backup as part of process via hx edit. Just trying to save some playing time as formal support ticket process likely to take a few days 

2 hours ago, steve_marsden1 said:

I had a problem and am stuck!

Checked I had edit 3.01, then updated via this using instructions, it then came up with update error at end of helix firmware update and advised to do factory reset using mid 2 buttons, which I have done to no avail when switch helix unit back on starts to load 3.10.0 and then says ‘boot failure entered update mode!’. I then checked my helix edit to try again and it wouldn’t connect but I also noticed that it says it was edit v3, not 3.01, which it was before!? So I followed instructions and link to to update hx edit to 3.10 and try this but it will not recognise my helix lt and helix unit says same boot error, further attempts to factory reset have done nothing. Any ideas- I raised a support ticket as can’t find any instructions anywhere to get out of this, at least I did the backup as part of process via hx edit. Just trying to save some playing time as formal support ticket process likely to take a few days 

When you ran HX Edit v3.01 it should have informed you that two updates were available: HX Edit v3.10 and Helix firmware v3.10. It should then have proceeded to download and install HX Edit v3.10. Did this happen in your case? If not, run HX Edit v3.01 again and make sure that you download and install HX Edit v3.10 first.

After HX Edit v3.10 is installed, run it. It should then alert you that one update is available: Helix firmware v3.10. Follow the prompts to install it. It does sometimes happen that this fails with the error message you describe. In this case running the Line 6 Updater program directly may help. Try it while your Helix is displaying the ‘boot failure...’  message.

• Upvote 1

And yet something else about the Euclidean Delay: In Sync Mode, there is NO difference between 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, etc. They're all exactly the same. The triplet and dotted options are different, but again, they're the same if you stick with dotted/triplet values, so 1/4 dotted is the same as 1/8 dotted.
In case this is intentional, I gotta say that I don't even remotely understand the reason behind it. But it's broken anyway, see posts above.

Another fantastic update (and simplified update process)- thank you!

I was wondering about the HX Edit version. My existing HX Edit still seems to be version 3.01, not 3.10.

I did perform a successful Firmware update to 3.10 to my Helix floor unit using the 3.01 Edit with no issues per the update instructions,

but do I now have Edit version 3.10? How do I know?

Also, could you please start including in your "restore backup" directions to unclick the Factory 1 and 2, as well as the Templates,

to not override our new version updates in those areas?

Thank you for a great product and great support.