Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

3.10 Update Failed. Please Help!

timothygray

Hi, I've never had a an issue with any update until now. I backed up everything as suggested and the update failed. "Boot Failure. Entered Update Mode." I'm stuck. I uninstalled and re-installed all Line 6 Software and tried to restart my Helix. It shows 3.10 as the version number, but once POST finished, I get the Boot Failure message. Any advice?

On 4/15/2021 at 11:15 PM, timothygray said:

Hi, I've never had a an issue with any update until now. I backed up everything as suggested and the update failed. "Boot Failure. Entered Update Mode." I'm stuck. I uninstalled and re-installed all Line 6 Software and tried to restart my Helix. It shows 3.10 as the version number, but once POST finished, I get the Boot Failure message. Any advice?

I would run a global reset(see options in link below), that will hopefully take care of the "Boot failure..." message. Now uninstall HX Edit and download and reinstall HX Edit 3.10 with all checkboxes checked, and then try to use HX Edit to run the firmware upgrade again.  If your firmware upgrade to 3.10 succeeds make sure you follow the release instructions to the letter for the HX Edit 3.10 upgrade. This includes doing the factory reset once your firmware is at 3.10 followed by a restore from backup. 

If the above doesn't work you can always upgrade manually using the Line6 Updater and again follow to the letter the post firmware install instructions.

https://helixhelp.com/tips-and-guides/universal/reset-options

On 4/20/2021 at 9:05 AM, johnlong1956 said:

Hi I have the same problem. Have tried everything you suggested. It is well and truly stuck in “boot failure,Entered update mode”. 

Just to be sure, have you tried downloading, installing, and then running the latest version of the Line6 Updater manually while the screen shows the boot failure message?

If you have and it is not working can you describe what is happening. Also, have you tried swapping USB ports, USB cable, and even trying the update on another computer if you have one available?  Btw, if you have an SD card inserted in your computer make sure to eject it, reboot and run through the recommended steps.  If none of this works I would open a ticket with Line6.

• Upvote 2

Same problem. Bombed out as it was doing the 3.10.0 Firmware update and will not respond to any manual button operations after a few seconds. It tries to go into the global set ups as suggested but then pops up with Boot Failure. Windows does not recognize the device and none of the Line 6 software sees it. I opened a ticket and have been waiting for 4 days for a response. Crazy

On 4/22/2021 at 5:05 AM, rpizzo said:

I opened a ticket and have been waiting for 4 days for a response. Crazy

Hi,

They are usually pretty quick to respond to Support requests, but as this is quite a common occurrence, and it has solutions posted here many times over, may be it got put to one side. It's also a big help to know what you computer OS and hardware are. "Same problem" and "Bombed out" are descriptive but not very helpful when trying to figure out what needs to be done to fix the problem.

O.K. Here we go again.

Get the latest Line 6 Updater for you computer system from the 'Downloads" at the top of this page. Disconnect the USB cable from your computer and Helix. Reboot your computer and reconnect the USB to the computer and Helix. Then reboot your Helix while holding down FS 6 & 12 (nearest the expression pedal). It may start up with a blank screen, but carry on. Launch the updater and log into your Line 6 account. It should now detect you hardware and you can then update the Firmware to the latest version.

Hope this helps/makes sense. 

• Upvote 1