Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 3.10 Update Issues....

RChatfield1977

I've just updated to the new 3.10 Firmware only to find there are no new Mandarin Rocker Amp and no new pedals as it stated in the update. I have done everything Line 6 has stated and in the update including the factory reset but still nothing. Anyone else having the same issue?

https://line6.com/support/page/kb/effects-controllers/helix/helix-310-release-notes-r969/

30 minutes ago, CraigGT said:

What about the part about updating HX Edit?

I did the update last night. I saw the instruction saying:

How do I update to 3.10?

Any chance you've already updated HX Edit to 3.01 (released on Feb 2, 2021)? If so, just connect Helix/HX to your computer via USB and launch HX Edit. The software will walk you through the entire procedure, including updating HX Edit 3.01 to 3.10 and backing everything up to your computer.

I opened HxEdit and started the update process, and it did update the Helix firmware.  I assumed it had also updated HxEdit but, when I checked this morning, HxEdit was still on 3.01.  I had to download and install the 3.10 HxEdit update separately.  I don't think this is working as intended, but it does explain why RChatfield1977 isn't seeing the new amp.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gbr13697 said:

I opened HxEdit and started the update process, and it did update the Helix firmware.  I assumed it had also updated HxEdit but, when I checked this morning, HxEdit was still on 3.01.  I had to download and install the 3.10 HxEdit update separately.  I don't think this is working as intended, but it does explain why RChatfield1977 isn't seeing the new amp.

Hi,

This page contains the only 2 comments that I have seen regarding this - if it was a major issue then this place would be alive with complaints.

Always ensure that HX Edit and the firmware version numbers match, and reboot your computer.

Please supply your computer and Operating System details, so others can compare, should they encounter issues with the installation.

Hope this helps/makes sense

Edited by datacommando
Text

For me the entire update process, this time, worked just flawless.

Been prompted there were 2 updates; one for Edit, one for Stomp. Did both, worked as intended.

Just don't rush things. Read the prompts, follow the instructions. This helps most of the time...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, datacommando said:

This page contains the only 2 comments that I have seen regarding this - if it was a major issue then this place would be alive with complaints.

This is about the 5th ive seen counting  another forum....and hey 3.10 has only been out for about 12 hours.

3 hours ago, RChatfield1977 said:

I've just updated to the new 3.10 Firmware only to find there are no new Mandarin Rocker Amp and no new pedals as it stated in the update. I have done everything Line 6 has stated and in the update including the factory reset but still nothing. Anyone else having the same issue?

https://line6.com/support/page/kb/effects-controllers/helix/helix-310-release-notes-r969/

You didnt follow the first step of rules and update to 3.01

1 minute ago, willjrock said:

This is about the 5th ive seen counting  another forum....and hey 3.10 has only been out for about 12 hours.

Yep, a couple or three over on the FarceBuck Helix Family page which boast 33,000 plus members. They seemed to fall into the usual category of not updating HX Edit first. As someone over there pointed out 5 minutes reading the release notes will save a long time of public embarrassment. As it has been pointed out many times, regarding these updates - nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

39 minutes ago, jonandtice said:

I had HX Edit 3.01. It told me there was an update so I clicked. It updated both HX Edit and Helix to 3.10. However, HX Edit wasn't showing me the new blocks even though HX Edit was saying it was 3.10. I reinstalled 3.10 manually and then it worked.

Line6 software doesnt use procedural updates (base install/Core + updated libraries), so each update it's just a brand new download of a brand new installer, which needs previous .exe version to quit. Im pretty sure you still were on 3.01 when you tried first time.

1 hour ago, PierM said:

Line6 software doesnt use procedural updates (base install/Core + updated libraries), so each update it's just a brand new download of a brand new installer, which needs previous .exe version to quit. Im pretty sure you still were on 3.01 when you tried first time.

I wasn't. I checked Help -> About HX Edit... It said 3.10. I rebooted just to make sure it wasn't using old libraries.

• Upvote 1

So... let's assuming that somebody (me...) wasn't paying close-enough attention and ran the 3.10 update with HX Edit 2.9? 

What we know is:

The update appears to operate correctly and the Helix does register with 3.10, but

The new Mandarin Rocker and the new pedals don't make it into the Helix. 

So, how do we fix this? Do we need to (i) roll back to the previous firmware, (ii) update HX Edit and (iii) then run the 3.10 Update again?

Sure hope there's a way to fix this without rolling back the firmware. 

Thanks in advance, 

Bradley GT

1 hour ago, GeeTah said:

So... let's assuming that somebody (me...) wasn't paying close-enough attention and ran the 3.10 update with HX Edit 2.9? 

What we know is:

The update appears to operate correctly and the Helix does register with 3.10, but

The new Mandarin Rocker and the new pedals don't make it into the Helix. 

So, how do we fix this? Do we need to (i) roll back to the previous firmware, (ii) update HX Edit and (iii) then run the 3.10 Update again?

Sure hope there's a way to fix this without rolling back the firmware. 

Thanks in advance, 

Bradley GT

Take a backup first. Download and install HX Edit 3.10. You can uninstall HX Edit 2.9 first if you want to be extra careful. Then make sure you do the factory reset, and restore per the release notes for HX Edit 3.10 if you haven't already.  You shouldn't have to do the firmware update again.  If it starts acting wonky though I would just to make sure everything went according to plan.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RChatfield1977 said:

Thanks guys for your help with the update. Now when I turn the helix on I have to wait for it to build the presets..... Any help?

This is normal. It will only do it once. Let it finish.  Btw, if this firmware version is anything like the others you may see this rebuilding upon restart behavior from time to time when you import or copy and paste presets. It will only rebuild those presets however, not all of the user presets as it does after a firmware upgrade. Again, totally normal.

• Thanks 1

Hi all.

Another here with Helix Floor showing "Boot failure. Entered update mode!" message, after starting initialization clearly showing version 3.10 in the screen.

I also followed the explicit instruction pointed previously that if you had HX Edit 3.01 was not needed to update it previously to 3.10, as it would be part of the update process.

Once in this situation, I've tried to press 5&6 buttons when restarting to do a Global Reset, as per:

https://helixhelp.com/tips-and-guides/universal/reset-options

But without success (after restarting, shows a message ""Entered Update Mode!" and does nothing (no progress bar, etc.)

- Is it doing anything?

- Is there another reset procedure? 

- Should I try downloading directly to a USB pen the update and restart with the USB pen on the Helix USB port?

Will GREATLY appreciate how to solve this ...