Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Native 3.1 crashnig studio one 5

wingz

ok so i found a solution.
after many uninstalls and reinstalls of both programs
I uninstalled them both again.
and delete both
C:\Users\Your User Account\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus
and
C:\Users\Your User Account\AppData\Roaming\line6
and reinstalled both studio one and helix native
then reactivated them both of them  seem to do the job
its now working again

• Like 1

Installed Helix Native 3.10 tonight.

Helix Native 3.1 is crashing in Sonar Platinum and Cakewalk by Bandlab.

Helix Native 3.01 ran just fine for months in both DAW programs.

I have tried to load it different ways. If I drag Native onto a track, it shows up as an Effect. Once I click on the Helix Native Effect to "open" it, the DAW program closes.

If, instead, I add Helix Native as an Effect in the track FX bin, the DAW crashes without even letting Native appear as loaded.

In both cases, the DAW completely closes.  

11 hours ago, schweizt said:

Installed Helix Native 3.10 tonight.

Helix Native 3.1 is crashing in Sonar Platinum and Cakewalk by Bandlab.

Helix Native 3.01 ran just fine for months in both DAW programs.

I have tried to load it different ways. If I drag Native onto a track, it shows up as an Effect. Once I click on the Helix Native Effect to "open" it, the DAW program closes.

If, instead, I add Helix Native as an Effect in the track FX bin, the DAW crashes without even letting Native appear as loaded.

In both cases, the DAW completely closes.  

My only solution so far is to UNINSTALL Helix Native 3.1 and reinstall the older Helix Native 3.01. It is critical that Helix Native works correctly, since I have a lot of songs with trax that use Helix Native. Other songs use trax with both Helix Native and trax recorded directly from my Helix floor unit.  Please let me know the solution. It appears to be a cross platform (more than one DAW) issue.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty sure it's something else. I am not using an SD card. The updated Helix Edit runs fine. The Helix floor unit runs fine using 3.1 firmware. The Helix Native 3.01 runs fine (after I uninstalled Native 3.1 and reinstalled Native 3.01). The "crash" is not a blue screen, etc. The "crash" is that the DAW closes and returns to the Windows desktop. I'm on a PC running W10.   

Have you looked at the Windows Event Log? For me Reaper (DAW) would start with the last project I had open. That would open Helix Native which is in the DAW process space and when Helix Native crashed it brought down the whole DAW. You should see the crash report under Windows Logs->Application. The example below is my failing backup because the SD Card is out. :)

image.thumb.png.25b861dfb0c77bcde72e6a6a35632130.png

I can take a look. However, I tried Native 3.10 in 1) completely new projects, 2) existing projects that did not use Helix Native, 3) existing projects that did not have Native but then I applied it to an existing guitar track that was I knew was fine, 4) etc.  I did not want to risk corrupting any existing projects that already had the older Native 3.01 being used. After installation, Helix Native 3.10 shows up fine as a VST3 plugin option, it just crashes the DAW when the plugin is "opened" and the screen returns to the Windows 10 desktop. 

44 minutes ago, schweizt said:

I can take a look. However, I tried Native 3.10 in 1) completely new projects, 2) existing projects that did not use Helix Native, 3) existing projects that did not have Native but then I applied it to an existing guitar track that was I knew was fine, 4) etc.  I did not want to risk corrupting any existing projects that already had the older Native 3.01 being used. After installation, Helix Native 3.10 shows up fine as a VST3 plugin option, it just crashes the DAW when the plugin is "opened" and the screen returns to the Windows 10 desktop. 

I still need to check. I decided to try my other PC DAW - PC DAW #2 (I have two PC DAWs), and Helix Native 3.10 runs fine with the DAW software on PC DAW #2. That is good news. So there must be an issue with how Helix Native 3.10 is getting installed on PC DAW #1. Again, the "old" Helix Native 3.01 installs (and even reinstalls) fine on PC DAW #1 and runs fine on PC DAW #1. 

SOLVED. I did a fresh install (again) of Helix Native 3.10 on PC DAW #1 and it miraculously worked. Since I tried the same thing more than once the previous night, I can only guess something was stuck in memory (although I'm sure I rebooted - I don't think I was that dumb). The previous night, I did the firmware update for the Helix floor unit. Maybe something related to updating Helix Edit, the Firmware, etc., before installing Helix Native caused a problem. The problem is SOLVED. I don't have good advice for others, though, regarding how it got solved. I did start with a completely cold start of the PC tonight before attempting to install Native 3.10 over Native 3.01. Native 3.10 checked out fine in new projects and existing projects, so it looks stable. On a separate note, I do want to add I was very pleased that Line 6 finally changed the firmware update process, so all the backup, etc., work is done automatically with Helix Edit as part of the firmware update. It is now one pretty seamless process.