Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dt50 firmware question

Jessehendrixp1

I have a question about the dt 2.0 firmware update.......... I picked up a 1to 1 midi usb interface today because I want to do the firmware update...... However since I have the pod hd500x I don't want to change anything with the amp as far as how it is set up stock right now.......... I am happy with the 4 voicings/ 2 channel set up it has as just the amp and if I want something different I use the pod500x, but I would like the option to change things in the future if I decide to do so without the pod....... My question is.... If I do the firmware update will it change any of the sounds/settings or anything until I actually go in and change it around via an editor program or midi controller........ Just asking incase it would be in my best interest to just leave it as is

On 4/17/2021 at 10:57 AM, Jessehendrixp1 said:

I have a question about the dt 2.0 firmware update.......... I picked up a 1to 1 midi usb interface today because I want to do the firmware update...... However since I have the pod hd500x I don't want to change anything with the amp as far as how it is set up stock right now.......... I am happy with the 4 voicings/ 2 channel set up it has as just the amp and if I want something different I use the pod500x, but I would like the option to change things in the future if I decide to do so without the pod....... My question is.... If I do the firmware update will it change any of the sounds/settings or anything until I actually go in and change it around via an editor program or midi controller........ Just asking incase it would be in my best interest to just leave it as is

It doesn’t change anything if you don’t edit anything. If you want to experiment though, just remember what amps settings you had before you start, that way you can can put it back if you need to. This editor doesn’t have a way of saving settings from I remember.

Jd