Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Lost IRs after 3.1 update won't route to path 2a or b

bobsnodgrass

After updating to 3.1 firmware all of my IR's were gone from my presets. When I reinsert a IR on path 1 it gives the option for path 2a and I select it. Path 2a won't let me route anything from path 1. There is no option for path 1 for an input. I can create a new preset add an amp, and IR and it allows me to send to paths 2a and b. What am I missing on my existing presets?  

Path 1a.png

Path 2a.png

Did you do a factory reset and a restore from backup after updating? If not, that would be the first thing to try. Your IRs should not have disappeared. Also, are you running HX Edit 3.10 as well as having the 3.10 firmware installed? Sometimes troubles with the IR block happen because of running the older version of the editor with a newer firmware.

Regarding the input block for Path 2, you've never been able to select Path 1 as the input for Path 2. You just keep it set to None, and the audio is sent from the output block where you have 2A or 2B set as the output.

The latest versions include additional checking that IR's are good and not installing any that don't meet the criterium, If this happens HXEdit will warn you.

I seriously doubt that's what happened here though and suggest you follow Phil's advice.