Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Unable to import IRs - Authentication web server error

lvidarte

Hi everyone,

I bought the OwnHammer Workhorse V3 IR's collection for my HX Stomp.
I was able to add some IR's to Helix a couple of days ago. But now I can't import more IR's because I'm getting the following error:

"HX Edit was unable to import IRs in this set due to following errors:
-1109 - Authentication web server error."

I'm correctly logged into my account in Helix, and I'm running Helix Edit v3.10 and HX Stomp Firmware v3.10

Also, I tried a Factory reset without luck.

Any help?

Thanks

14 hours ago, lvidarte said:

Hi everyone,

I bought the OwnHammer Workhorse V3 IR's collection for my HX Stomp.
I was able to add some IR's to Helix a couple of days ago. But now I can't import more IR's because I'm getting the following error:

"HX Edit was unable to import IRs in this set due to following errors:
-1109 - Authentication web server error."

I'm correctly logged into my account in Helix, and I'm running Helix Edit v3.10 and HX Stomp Firmware v3.10

Also, I tried a Factory reset without luck.

Any help?

Thanks

Hi,

This is from the Ownhammer FAQ pages on their website.

First and foremost, the impulse response and/or preset files sold in the Line 6 store are copy protected with an encrypted licensing system. They can only be used by the person who purchased them with the Line 6 software/hardware registered to the same user account.

The most common reason an error occurs when trying to load these files is that a person has not registered the Helix hardware/software they are attempting to load the .hir files into, as the account ID's on both need to match.

In response to the possibility of errors when loading Marketplace content, Line 6 has provided us the following information to pass along in resolving any issues related to Line 6 Marketplace content file compatibility and function:

Dear Marketplace customer –

Thank you for your participation in Marketplace, an online community of content creators for the Helix, HX, and Pod Go family of Line 6 products. If you have any issues with a recent purchase on Marketplace, we encourage to please check the following:

For Purchased Marketplace Presets and Impulse Responses:

• Download your products from the Marketplace section within your Line 6 account page.
  • Unzip the downloaded files.
  • Import presets and impulse responses into HX Edit, Helix Native, or Pod Go Edit (product dependent).
    • Follow the user guide for each application for how to import these assets.
    • The Editor will need to verify your purchase online and will post a log-in dialog.

Please log in with your Line 6 account credentials. Your log in data needs to be identical to the one used for your purchase. Authorization will occur automatically.

Marketplace products have minimum software and firmware requirements as follows:

• Helix/HX firmware version 2.9 or higher
  • HX Edit software version 2.9 or higher
  • Helix Native software version 1.9 or higher
  • Pod Go software version 1.1 or higher

Most download issues seem to be solved with the following approach:

• Confirm you are logged into Helix Edit, HX Native, or Pod Go Edit.
  • Go to Line6.com. In the lower right-hand corner of the window, you'll see "My Account." Click it and hit sign in, and you'll be asked to enter your Line6.com login info.
  • You will need to authorize the computer you are using for the download.

Your purchased items will appear here:

l6accountinfo.jpg

If you continue to have a problem with a purchased Marketplace asset, please contact our support team at www.line6.com/support/tickets.

There you will find a knowledgebase, FAQs, and more to help with your issue, as well as a direct contact to our Line 6 support team where you can:

• Open a support ticket; this allows our service team to track your purchase effectively and correct any issues
  • Call our technical support help line
  • Text our support team

Thank you for your continued support of Marketplace!

Also

Check you internet connection to make sure that you are logged into your account. Ensure that you don’t have any anti-virus, firewall software blocking the connection. Also, considering that Line 6 have just released a new firmware update, it maybe that the servers are busy - try again later.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just encountered the same problem. My mac shutdown by itself due to a faulty thunderbolt hardware while HX Edit was open and after that I started to get the same error message. 

I fixed this by closing HX Edit and deleting

~/Library/Application Support/Line 6

folder. It looks like HX Edit files were corrupted when my mac crashed.

After I opened the app again and logged in, I could upload purchased IRs to my Helix without any problems.

I hope this helps.

For windows the steps should be different, most likely the whole HX Edit app needs to be uninstalled and installed again.

• 7 months later...

I solve my problem like this on Windows 10:

1. Close POD Go Edit.
  2. Go to "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Line 6\".
  3. Remove the PurchasesV2.dat.
  4. Open POD Go Edit.
  5. Authenticate to line6 with the authorized user.
  6. The PurchasesV2.dat file now is recreated.
  7. Load your purchased tones to your POD Go.
  8. Enjoy!

Best.

• 6 months later...

I ran into this HX EDIT error message 1109 - Authentication web server error today and to resolve it on my MacBook (Mac OS Monterey 12.5) I deauthorized the MacBook on my Line 6 account and logged into HX Edit again. At that point I was able to import presets and IRs I had purchased from the L6 Marketplace.

• Thanks 1

Just curious,  since most of the things in the marketplace are available without the encrypted license protection directly, is there any reason to get them from the marketplace. Why not get them directly from their website and avoid this. Is there some advantage to getting them from the marketplace that I don't know about?