Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New models not appearing in HX Edit.

hideout

Did the update and all went well, followed the instructions to the letter and it all went smoothly. I did the update on my MS Surface and everything is fine except that although the amp and effects are there in the Helix, they do not show up in HX Edit. I’ve relaunched the app and rebooted the computer. Nada.  Haven’t tried on my Mac though. Any ideas?

Automatic updating of the software was introduced in HX Edit v 3.01. Your version of HX Edit v3.00 requires a manual update. Line 6 Updater only handles connected Line 6 devices - not the software on your computer.

Download and install HX Edit v3.10, like the release notes told you to do. Forget about Line 6 Updater. It’s no longer necessary for you to even know about unless something malfunctions in the automatic update process. Updates are now managed by HX Edit.

Thanks that worked.  This is the first time I've ever had any difficulty in doing these updates in 4 years.  I had checked File/check for Updates and Edit said I was up to date.  So I guess I'm confused.  I did the Helix update back in February and I thought that was the 3.01 they were talking about.

Anyway thanks for your help. 

40 minutes ago, davidberrigan said:

.... I had checked File/check for Updates and Edit said I was up to date.  So I guess I'm confused. .....

Yes, it was confusing. Some time ago HX Edit was updated to check the firmware version installed on the connected Helix device. It notified the user when an update was available and offered to install the update. What it unfortunately did not do was inform the user that it was only dealing with a firmware update, and not the associated HX Edit software update. As a result many users like yourself ended up with updated firmware and outdated, incompatible software. This situation was resolved as of HX Edit v3.01. HX Edit now detects and installs both software and firmware updates.

• Upvote 1