Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

“StageScape Remote” app and iOS 14

Just want to provide an update on the support ticket I raised. The first response pointed me to Ideascale to provide customer feedback. To that I replied:

"I know about Ideascale. I am not requesting a new feature or providing feedback. I am reporting a technical problem as well as a customer support issue and requesting a solution. The product you are selling does not perform as advertised. The lack of support for iOS 14 is a technical deficiency that should be corrected; it’s not a feature idea or negative feedback. It’s a deficiency, as indicated by your marketing materials."

Here's the disappointing response:

"I'm afraid that you may have elevated expectations about how product software development works in cases of products that are nearing the end of their lifecycle. We don't have any updates for you at this time."

So it seems StageScape users should not expect an update to support iOS 14. Anyone who buys this new right now will be justifiably upset.

Here is my ugly solution to this problem... I have an older iPad that cannot be upgraded to the new versions of IOS. I use that iPad ONLY for the Stagescape application. Another band member also has an old iPad and they both work fine with the Stagescape app. 

I think mine is an iPad 2, and it can't go beyond IOS 9.x. You can probably pick up an iPad 2 for relatively cheap these days. 

So... use one obsolete device to work with another obsolete device. :( 

Yes, that’s an available option.

I’m not concerned that Line 6 has stopped supporting the StageScape. Every product reaches its end-of-life and updates stop. My concern is that they are still selling it new and advertising that it can be used with an iPad. They don’t say that the iPad can’t run the current iOS. Unsuspecting new buyers, if any, will be justifiably irate. I just don’t understand why it’s still being sold at full price with no plans to update.

Seems to me an inventory clearance EOL sale at a significant discount, with an acknowledgement of iOS 14 incompatibility, would be a good idea.

• Like 2

They also are giving misleading FAQ section  on the situation

Q: I updated the firmware on my StageScape M20d, and now the StageScape App won't work?

A: The firmware on your StageScape M20d and the StageScape App must be the same version. So if you updated the firmware on your mixer, be sure to download the updated App from the Apple App store."

I would think this alone would makes them liable if nothing else

• 6 months later...

Just a quick addition to this discussion. I have opened two times a ticket at Line 6 technical support and got just the information that Line 6 representatives do not know when and what might be ahead to overcome the missing inter-connectivity between StageScape and iPAD. By the way, that's what I got in Europe. It is puzzling. I guess, the folk from Line 6 follow the discussion in these blogs. So Line 6 folks, to refer to Shakespeare: Support or not support, that is the question? Please let us know: Yes - Maybe - No

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi guys, I had a case open for 2 years regarding iOS APP. I never got a concrete statement that there will be an update. This is not a good business policy, customers need to be informed when a product is end of live. But please not like this.... No concrete answer for over 2 years.

I will not buy Line6 products in the future and will not recommend any.

To the moderator: please publish my message so that other customers know where they stand.

I believe this was resolved by Apple in a not-too-distant iOS update, 14.something I believe it was. Apple broke it - not Line 6 - by releasing an update that apparently was non-compliant to their specs in some specific detail used by the StageScape Remote app. I haven’t checked it since to see if iOS 15 works.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...