Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

EQ Low/High Shelf High Freq Parameter Min Value

usedbyanr

Is there a technical reason why the EQ Low/High Shelf High Freq Parameter's minimum value is 2.0 kHz rather than matching the Helix version minimum? I think about it every time I play with matching a Helix patch and Jason Sadites mentions it in his US Princess Pod Go v1.21 video. He chose to use the Tilt EQ instead because of this. Is this just an oversight?

It was just a curiosity. I would prefer that it matched the Helix and was wondering if it's a technical thing. You could be right but I don't think I agree with the reasoning. To me the algorithm doesn't change based on the frequency. It's just a different threshold. Thanks for taking the time to reply. You seem to live in these forums and provide quite a bit of help.

8 hours ago, usedbyanr said:

It was just a curiosity. I would prefer that it matched the Helix and was wondering if it's a technical thing. You could be right but I don't think I agree with the reasoning. To me the algorithm doesn't change based on the frequency. It's just a different threshold. Thanks for taking the time to reply. You seem to live in these forums and provide quite a bit of help.

OMG...I'm officially old and sad!! Lol    

Well, I try but I also learn a lot from others who know a lot more than I do. At the moment it's mainly just because of lockdown and no band practice or gigging.