Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects 3.1 Looper ain't working after update

IdoCuperus

Hello everyone,

I have a problem after the 3.1 update on the HX Effects. My looper doesn't work anymore. It doesn't record/playback. 

Is there anything I could do? I already performed a factory reset. Anyone here with the same problems?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!!

I have the same problem, the diferents options of looper (6Sw Looper, 1Sw Looper and Shuffling Looper) doesn't record after update.

I reset the unit and restore from backup without results, any solution?

Hi IdoCuperos,

I have tried it in different ways, but with 3.11 it has not been possible.

I have come to open a ticket in Line6 Support, but not been able to solve it.

Finally I have achieved it by updating to version 3.10, for now, everything works.

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what i've done
I made a Backup on HX Edit (V 3.10)
I updated the HX Effects to version 3.11 again.

Then perform a factory reset (be careful, will delete all user presets, IR's, globals): (hold down the footswitch Tap and 6 (to the left of tap)) , turn on HX Effects. 
Wait for "Will reset Globals and restore stock Presets" an let go.
Do not restore your backup yet!
Test looper with the factory presets only. It must work then.
If so, restore your backup afterwards and test it again.

Now, everything works correctly.

• 1 year later...
On 1/3/2023 at 9:29 AM, bassbokkie said:

I have exacty the same problem after upgrading to v3.50, none of the loopers are working anymore. Is this a known problem? Do I need to downgrade to a lower version?

What exactly is happening?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 5:21 PM, ksvetlyo said:

Hello, I have the same problem, anyone come up with a solution, runing 3.5 update on Helix LT. All my looper options are greyed out.

This may be a different issue. Greyed out options indicate that a preset’s DSP capacity is maximized - that there is insufficient DSP remaining to load the greyed out FX block. Try testing the looper using an empty preset. Does the looper work on its own?

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...

UPDATE FIXED

Doing this a second time fixed the problem:

Backup from HX Edit

Factory reset (power on holding fs2 and fs3)

Restore backup

All good now!!! Not sure why a second time was required by the first time I used 'factory reset' feature in HX Edit. Again, I'm assuming that does the same thing as powering off the hardware and the powering back on holding Footswitch2 and Footswitch3.  Btw, thank you for the new Feedbacker effect, love it.

Original message:

Regretting this purchase already. 3.70 update has big problem with timing Record/Overdub, it doesn’t start recording for 500-700ms after stepping on the switch. Impossible to create a loop that makes sense rhythmically. Must be an ongoing problem. This is awful. For all of the great features in HX Stomp, this is just unacceptable, I have to use the one switch looper setting which has serious usability problems because erasing the loop plays back a second of what you are trying to erase. Not good for live, a real disappointment after hundreds of dollars.

Edited by pengel
PROBLEM FIXED

On 11/16/2023 at 10:11 PM, pengel said:

Not good for live, a real disappointment after hundreds of dollars.

Hi,

Interesting first post, but it might have been wise to do a little research about the looper functions in the HX product line. If you had, then you may have had less chance of being dissatisfied.

The onboard looper isn’t really designed as a performance device. There are many threads with discussions about the looper on this forum. It’s main purpose is for help in “sound sculpting” - creating tones by capturing a short snippet of audio to playback while adjusting the amp tones and effects behind it. It is also handy for grabbing a short chord progression to practice soloing over. In fact the looper was being mentioned in a similar thread earlier, so I did a copy and paste of my reply to that one. Here ya go!

For serious live use Line 6 conveniently added an FX Loop Send/Return jack sockets to attach your particular weapon of choice for that sort of thing. 

Personally, I have several different loopers for different jobs, all with slightly different features and loop time/lengths. For example a Ditto x4 dual tracks with FX, Boss RC-30 with drums, a cheapo Ammoon Stereo Looper with 10 independent loops, and each loop's recording time is up to 10 minutes. Oh, and one built in on the DTP Mooer Ocean Machine.

Horses for courses and tools for the job.

EDIT:

As for the issues with v.3.70 - have you done the Factory Reset as advised in the Release Notes?

If you think you have found a genuine bug raise a ticket with Support, and report it - if they don’t know they cannot fix it.

Hope this helps/makes sense.