Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

IR routing question

Blueshound

I’m considering purchasing an HX Effects and have a question about IR routing.

I would run the unit in 4 cable application. None of my effects would be stereo; all mono.

Would it be possible to split the signal after my last effect and apply an IR block to just one side and run that to the PA, while leaving the other side without an IR that would be run into the return of my amp’s effects loop?

Yes.  Since you're not running any stereo stuff, you could split the path after the last effect, put the IR on that split path, then route the top path to the left out and the IR path to the right.  

Another option would be to use one of the sends.  If you are using it in 4 cable configuration, you'll be using at least one of the effects loops, but if the other is free, you could place the send from that loop before the IR in your path and that send would be the thing going to your amp's effects return.  You don't have to do a split that way, so you'd be able to use the split path for other purposes if you wanted.  

• Upvote 1