Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cutting bass sounds

MORTY5150316

I read a couple of threads on this but still am unclear as to how to reduce the overall bass sound. I currently have the pod go connected mono to a headrush powered FRFR, however almost all of the guitar tones I create are always super bassy. I usually start by reducing the bass to 0 and having to increase the treble to get a good tone. I have had success making my own tones but often have to play with the mics or  use an overdrive pedal to cut the bass down or have to use the eq pedals and cut all the bass sounds down. Does anyone else have this problem? Am I doing something wrong. I experiment with cabs and mics but every time I go to make a tone or download a tone I have to deal with the extreme bass sound. Any info would be appreciated, apologies in advance if this is redundant. Thanks

I'm also new to the Pod Go, and modeling in general, and have the same question.  I was looking through the forum just now, getting ready to start a thread, and saw this one so I thought I would post here to try and keep things consolidated.

Coming from guitar -> pedals -> amp, it can be a little daunting to figure out all of the new EQ options that are available when creating a sound.  Do any of you have a "best practices" kind of checklist you use to tweak your patches.  I have to believe the good folks at Line 6 wrote the software in such a way that when you pull up an amp model, the default settings provide a close representation of what people typically associate with that amp.  So, do you typically start there, just as if you were in the old analog world tweaking your amp model to match your guitar and style?  Or, do you start by tweaking cabinet model, or cabinet model parameters, or mics, or mic placement, or the mandatory EQ block?  It's a lot to take in, but it's a lot of fun too.  So anything you can add to help us newbies avoid option paralysis would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I have used 2 similar powered FRFR speakers (from Alto) and if you have yours on the floor on its side like a monitor, they will really emphasize the bass. I think the term is called bass reflections but I'm having a brain cramp. Try raising the speaker off the floor and you should notice a huge difference and reduction in the bass. 

Sounds good thanks.  I haven't actually got it completely off the floor yet but I did notice an improvement just by standing it up like a tower.  I'll try off the floor completely and see if that improves things even more.

• 4 weeks later...