Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Disable Live Input Monitoring?

Hi everyone, my first post here. Learning a lot and I appreciate all info so far. Cant find anything on one thing that is really killing my workflow. I recently grabbed the HD500 of craigslist as I'd hoped it to be a major upgrade from my Zoom G9.2tt, and thus far it is and it isn't. on my Zoom, I had an option to hear only the USB feed for recording, so it would monitor through the zoom, just my DAW. I cant figure out how to do that on the POD HD500, or if it DOES do that at all. I need it for quad tracking because otherwise I am retarded loose unfortunately. 

thanks in Advance

• Like 1

Hi everyone, my first post here. Learning a lot and I appreciate all info so far. Cant find anything on one thing that is really killing my workflow. I recently grabbed the HD500 of craigslist as I'd hoped it to be a major upgrade from my Zoom G9.2tt, and thus far it is and it isn't. on my Zoom, I had an option to hear only the USB feed for recording, so it would monitor through the zoom, just my DAW. I cant figure out how to do that on the POD HD500, or if it DOES do that at all. I need it for quad tracking because otherwise I am retarded loose unfortunately. 

thanks in Advance

from page 9-6 of the Advanced Guide:

9 Hardware Monitor Level: This slider independently controls the volume of your processed guitar tone output for monitoring (the signal fed to the device’s main outputs). It does not affect the level of the signal fed to your computer via the Record Send. This allows you to balance your guitar’s monitor level against the playback audio from your computer, such as when recording in DAW software.

If using POD HD500 as the audio interface for recording into a DAW application, then your DAW may also offer its own “software monitoring†function. You may want to use the DAW’s software monitoring in some scenarios, such as if you want to hear your guitar signal processed with plug-ins on the DAW track. When utilizing DAW software monitoring, you’ll want to set this slider’s level to minimum to allow you to hear only the DAW software monitoring signal.

I had the G92tt as well and while it was a great pedal, this is leaps above it.  It takes time and effort to learn it inside out, it's not simply plug and play but it is well worth the effort...

• Upvote 2

+1 to radatats

Just to clarify, are you wanting to hear just the POD HD or just the DAW trax, or a mix if both?

I just want to hear DAW tracks, not mixed.

Thanks radatats, I came across something about a slider but couldn't figure out where to locate. I dont really know what I'm looking for exactly. will look further when I get home from work.

I had the G92tt as well and while it was a great pedal, this is leaps above it.  It takes time and effort to learn it inside out, it's not simply plug and play but it is well worth the effort...

Appreciate all the help and patience. figured it out, 

regarding the G9.2tt you had, there was one particular effect on their I really loved, it was under the Reverb section as "PanDelay" and it provided a nice full tone in stereo, what might be the equivalent to that on the HD500?

regarding the G9.2tt you had, there was one particular effect on their I really loved, it was under the Reverb section as "PanDelay" and it provided a nice full tone in stereo, what might be the equivalent to that on the HD500?

wow, don't remember that specific FX... not really sure... maybe the stereo delay?  there are just so many quality FX available and in so many different combinations produce such a diversity of tones...