Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Missing reverbs

rwinking

I just got my Stomp XL today and was playing with it for a while and set up a nice preset that included the Glitzy Reverb. After a bit, I decided to hook it up to my Mac and update to 3.10 which I did. I noticed that when I went to my patch on HX Edit there was a little question mark on my reverb block. I clicked on it and it said that the reverb was not available on my version. I then looked at all of the verbs and all that I could access were the Legacy verbs.....the mono and stereo were not listed. I unplugged it and went back to just the unit. I went to my preset and the Glitzy verb was there.

My question is why is it on the unit but not in HX edit?

Befuddled in Bozeman

My guess is that you performed the upgrade of your HX Stomp XL to fimware 3.10 using an older version of HX Edit. 

Before upgrading your HX Stomp XL's firmware to 3.10 using HX Edit, you need to upgrade HX Edit to 3.10 first! Then, exit HX Edit and relaunch it.

I do not use a Mac so I cannot be certain of the above on your computer platform, but this has been the case with many Window's users and doing the above should get things back to normal for you.

Post back to let others following this thread how things resolve. 

MusicLaw is very likely correct. Others than what the update instructions suggest, it seems to be that when you perforn the update from within HX Edit, HX Edit itself does *not* properly (at least not always) update itself (even when the HX version number is 3.01). Has been the case for me, too (I'm on macOS as well). Download HX Edit 3.1 and that should fix your problem.

Also bear in mind that with 3.10 should you need or desire to install any of the previous firmware versions or want or need to do a forced reinstall of the latest firmware version, the tool for the job is Line 6 Updater! Line 6 Updater will present the history of the firmware versions from which you may select to install to the device connected. HX Edit no longer does so, as it only presents the newer firmware which has not yet been installed to your device. 

• Upvote 1