Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Switch LEDS for Patch change on Stomp page

lawrence_Arps

I was trying out preset spillover mode. My essential pallet of sounds numbers 10. 5 rhythm sounds and 5 solo sounds.  Based on that I used Command centre to set up 10 patch changes on a 10 stomp page (I had to do this on all 10 presets). This all worked perfectly. I had the 5 rhythm tones on the bottom 5 switches and the solo tones on the top. 

In  case you cant work out why - this allows me to access all 10 patches on a single click.

What I cant achieve is the Switch LEDs.  In Preset mode (maximum 8 showing) the active  preset has a lit switch . when I switch to the 10 Stomp mode (which now has 10 presets set up) everything including the scribblestrips work perfectly except for the LEDS.

The Customise function in Command Centre is greyed out.

Any thoughts???

(Note: Im at work so cant post the 10 presets....)

OK, now I see what you're doing. You have 10 essential presets, so since Preset Mode only invokes 8 presets, it won't work for you.

I assume that, lacking the ability to use Stomps to bypass FX, you're using Preset Mode for 8 Snapshots.

Unfortunately, the footswitches in Stomp Mode are designed to work with Min/Max values. Using them to select presets, the LEDs just won't work.

6 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

OK, now I see what you're doing. You have 10 essential presets, so since Preset Mode only invokes 8 presets, it won't work for you.

I assume that, lacking the ability to use Stomps to bypass FX, you're using Preset Mode for 8 Snapshots.

Unfortunately, the footswitches in Stomp Mode are designed to work with Min/Max values. Using them to select presets, the LEDs just won't work.

It seems that way.  Shame.

Just to clarify your second sentence doesn't seem right.  Im using Stomp mode because it gives me 10 active switches. Im not using snapshots in this case because the idea was to avoid trying to cram all the options into one preset with say, three amps plus the various FX on 10 snapshots.  Im choosing to use 10 presets built on a single path (only those blocks as needed for that tone) and achieving seamless switching.  The 10 switches are assigned in the Command centre.
As an approach for 10 tones it works perfectly well (so far I have not run out of blocks).

I guess if I stick with this Ill have to learn to look at the screen for preset  identification.  Thats not so good....

13 minutes ago, lawrence_Arps said:

It seems that way.  Shame.

Just to clarify your second sentence doesn't seem right.  Im using Stomp mode because it gives me 10 active switches. Im not using snapshots in this case because the idea was to avoid trying to cram all the options into one preset with say, three amps plus the various FX on 10 snapshots.  Im choosing to use 10 presets built on a single path (only those blocks as needed for that tone) and achieving seamless switching.  The 10 switches are assigned in the Command centre.
As an approach for 10 tones it works perfectly well (so far I have not run out of blocks).

I guess if I stick with this Ill have to learn to look at the screen for preset  identification.  Thats not so good....

Since you're using Stomp Mode for Presets, you could configure Preset Mode to show the 8 available Snapshots instead of Presets. That would allow you to bypass FX using Snapshots. Of course, you'd have to remember which Snapshots did what, as you'd have no LED feedback, but Snapshots are very powerful, and it's a shame to ignore them. At the very least, having a Snapshot assigned to individually bypass 7 of your 8 FX Blocks, with SS1 your base Preset configuration, allows use of the basic Stomp functions, including both bypass and parameter changes everywhere within the preset.

Just something to think about.

4 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Since you're using Stomp Mode for Presets, you could configure Preset Mode to show the 8 available Snapshots instead of Presets. That would allow you to bypass FX using Snapshots. Of course, you'd have to remember which Snapshots did what, as you'd have no LED feedback, but Snapshots are very powerful, and it's a shame to ignore them. At the very least, having a Snapshot assigned to individually bypass 7 of your 8 FX Blocks, with SS1 your base Preset configuration, allows use of the basic Stomp functions, including both bypass and parameter changes everywhere within the preset.

Just something to think about.

I seem to have lost a post...apologies if it turns up and I repeat myself

I have a few presets with 8 snaps...and some with 10 stomps.  The complex 3 amp presets can easily introduce gain blips as settings between snapshots are not simultaneous...so if your solo sound has a boost later in the chain (amp 3 say) while your  clean rhythm has amp 1 on there will be a split second when both amps are on.  I know how to eliminate these issues  but given that I found I only really used 10 tones (and some of those slight compromises to stay within 3 amps) it seemed like a good idea to try for a 10 patch single path approach.  And its worked...except for the LEDS.

My previous best solution was a 2 preset model with 5 snapshots, 4 stomps and a patch change all available at once.  The patch change also didn't have an LED but it was always the switch for the other preset.  In that version preset A was my "vintage" tones and preset two was my "modern " tones.  The snapshots were consistent (clean, clean with mod, drive, Clean Solo and Drive Solo) and the stomps on both are Comp/more drive/more delay/more rev.

If I cant adjust to losing the LEDs Ill go back to that model.