Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500 no sound through powered speaker

bhecklick

Hey all -

New to the forums and new to the direct-to-speaker world.

I have a PODHD500 and an EV powered speaker. The POD was used but the speaker is brand new. The speaker works just fine to stream Bluetooth music but I can’t get any audio from the POD.

I plugged my guitar into the guitar in 1/4” input, plugged my XLR into the balanced left output and the other end of the XLR into the speaker. Nothing.

Unfortunately I don’t have another 1/4” cable to see if that works but I’m wondering if I’m just an idiot and did something wrong?

Thanks!

Does the Pod work if, as example, you use headphones?

There are so many options with the Pod, we need to know it is working or if it is a setting.

Did you try the XLR from the right output?

Left didn't work. But that is what stereo is all about. 

Does the speaker work using the 1/4" direct from the guitar?

Remember - the Master Volume (on the Pod) matters. Everything else is patch related, but the MV is global.

As already suggested your monitor expects a Line level signal but the POD XLR can give only a Mic level signal.

If your monitor has a LINE/MIC switch it should be set to MIC if you connect the POD XLR, otherwise the only solution is to connect a standard jack and set the 1/4" OUT switch near the pedal to LINE.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips