Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Controlling input of Backing Track from USB

Clarky94

Apologies in advance if this is a basic question but I am a total nubie to the fantastic Helix LT.

I am playing backing tracks from my iPhone/Ipad via an apple camera connector to the usb input on the helix lt and then to a headrush powered speaker - the quality of the track in very good and exactly what i am looking for and i can control the volume via the volume control on the helix - the issue i have is its drowning out my guitar is there a way of either turning the instrument up within helix or turning the usb output down

The Helix is controlling the level of the MIX of the iPad and guitar. Lower the volume on the iPad. If necessary, raise the guitar volume using the LEVEL parameter at the Output Block of the Preset.

Using the camera adaptor on the iPhone and iPad disables the volume control on the device - The only other way that may work is to divert the usb output to another output say the TRS outputs. The only issue i can still see with that is i can independently  change the volume of each channel unless i use the expression pedal to vary the volume.

I have to inputs on the Headrush speaker but that is over the other side of the room and dont really want to keep getting up and down once i am settled

4 hours ago, Clarky94 said:

there a way of either turning the instrument up within helix or turning the usb output down

Hi,

Go into the Global settings on your LT.

Global Settings > Ins/Outs > USB In 1/2 Trim, which is under the last knob on the right.

Play your backing track while adjusting the USB trim (volume) down to a reasonable level.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Clarky94 said:

I have just checked and i cant see that option 

O.K.

Here we go again. You need to do this on the actual Helix LT. HX Edit cannot access the Global Settings for your hardware. It is a generic Editor Librarian app for all HX products and each one has different hardware functions.

On your Helix LT, at the top left corner is a push button named “SAVE”, and to the right of that is another button marked with 3 stacked horizontal lines. Push that button, it’s the menu button for the Command Centre, Global EQ, Global Settings and more options on your hardware unit. From that point navigate to where I indicated previously.

Global Settings > Ins/Outs > USB In 1/2 Trim, which is under the last knob on the right.

Play your backing track while adjusting the USB trim (volume) down to a reasonable level.

Much as I don’t like having to repeat this, the Helix LT Owner’s Manual is a really good place to familiarise yourself with what this thing can do.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

^ ^ This above, 

or you could also use a free app, like Cubasis LE or similar, that allows you to load your backing track, and control the output going into Helix at the Cubasis Track or Master level.

• 3 months later...
On 4/23/2021 at 7:44 AM, datacommando said:

O.K.

On your Helix LT, at the top left corner is a push button named “SAVE”, and to the right of that is another button marked with 3 stacked horizontal lines. Push that button, it’s the menu button for the Command Centre, Global EQ, Global Settings and more options on your hardware unit. From that point navigate to where I indicated previously.

Global Settings > Ins/Outs > USB In 1/2 Trim, which is under the last knob on the right.

.... snip >

a little late to the discussion I know; but, perhaps like me, they were failing to page over to the next screen where the trim option is located.

once you are in the Global Settings > Ins/Outs  > you must page to the second screen to get the trim option....

Maybe this will help the next folks coming down the pike to figure this out ;-)

• Thanks 1