Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Setting up some stock/favorite amp settings and IRs....Fullerton Bright Model

themetallikid

So, playing with this....which i've done before.....It seems to me that the normal gain doesnt seem to do much, but affects the bright gain for sure by adding a bit more thick/body to the sound, however.....are my ears that jacked that it seems like the models norm gain goes backward?  So with the bright gain at 3.0 roughly for example sake....and the norm gain at 0.0 I have a gainier signal than when the norm gain is cranked to 10.0.  

??

Almost like the gain for that parameter is mapped backwards?

I'm not sure if its mapped backwards, more should it be doing anything, if I read the models as being which input is being used?

I've never used the fullerton before so thought I'll have a play.

On the normal model - drive bright does nothing (0 normal drive + >0 bright gives 0 overall volume)

On the jump model - both normal and bright drive contribute

On the bright model - normal drive does something (bright set on 0 + 0 Normal seems louder than normal on 10)

No idea if this is a flaw or modelling some channel crossover thing in the real amp - but your observation seems close to what;s happening

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, themetallikid said:

Almost like the gain for that parameter is mapped backwards?

This was years before the Fullerton (Tweed) was added, but in this link, Ben Adrian explains about how Helix models handle extra controls that the original amp didn’t have.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/line6-helix.1586637/page-1033#post-21593186

Also Jason Sadites has a video about dialling in the Bright model.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

I have a 5E3 clone that I built and can confirm that the Helix is correctly modeling the way in which the controls on an actual Tweed Deluxe interact (the 2 volumes and the tone control all interact with each other).  When turned up, the unused channel volume will decrease gain on the channel in use.  Rob Robinette has a great article on the technical details here:  https://robrobinette.com/How_The_5E3_Deluxe_Works.htm

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2