Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connect Pod 2.0 To Pc

hello everyone,

I'd like to know how to connect my pod 2.0 to my computer.

I just bought a Pod and there are no cable.

I want to load preset (from the line6 site) in my POD, so i need to connect it to my computer and use line6 monkey (right?).

I don't have any sound card.

Do i  needto buy cable like these?

http://www.amazon.fr/adaptateur-clavier-musical-ordinateur-portable/dp/B002MXP6YS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393519307&sr=8-1&keywords=Cable+midi+usb

PS : i'm french, so sorry for the bad english.

Thx for your help.

Technically both of those cable are the same.

However, many users have reported mix results the cheaper MIDI to USB cables.

That is not to say they won't work.

Line6 recomends M-Audio Uno

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Uno/

Also, this is only for MIDI communication for editing and/or automating the POD 2.0.

It will not send audio to your computer, for that you would need to run the analog outs or headphone out to your pc's line in.

Yes,.

You can either use the Left and Right analog outs of the POD 2.0 to a stereo 1/8" jack (TRS) to your computer's Line In or the Headphone out to Line In.

Chances are at minimum your computer has an integrated sound card already. Not necessarily the best for recording, but it is a start.

What is your computer?

You do not absolutely need the USB to MIDI, but that will allow you to use Line6 Edit to edit your tones.

You can also automate it with MIDI, but if you are just learning to record I wouldn't worry about the automation yet.

To record if you use the headphone out you will need a TRS 1/4 cable and a TRS 1/4" to 1/8" to get stereo.

Or 2 1/4" cable to one TRS 1/8" or to 1/4" with 1/8" TRS adopter.

• 9 years later...

I have a few questions about the bean 2.0 . What is the latest version firmware and how do I upload it to the unit , also do I need a usb/ midi setup to do any of firmware updates if applicable im new to the line 6 products and bought the 2.0 2nd hand at a music store used market 

many help would be appreciated to where I need to move forward next I plan on playing this through my tube amp either in front or FX loop which ever you think is best again I appreciate it