Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Update to 3.10/No USB Audio from Laptop to LT/PCab

tmcbride

Hi,

I have an Intel based Mac Air, latest Big Sur OS. I updated my LT/HX Edit from 3.01 to 3.10  recently with no problems. Both work well. Up until 3.10 I was able to play any audio/video files on my MacBook out through my LT to my PowerCab when connected through the USB regardless of whether I was using Edit at the time or not. My MacBook DOES recognize the LT in the Audio Output Device settings in my System Preferences, and when I play a VLC (video) file, the LT is recognized in the VLC settings also. So even though I select all the correct settings that I know of...no more audio output, for anything. I get a message that the output device (LT) has no controls. This has never been a problem until 3.10. Anybody else with this issue? Where you able to fix it?

Thanks!

T.

Seems various people have had various issues.

Bottom line is it's always been operator error, sort of.

The update seems to have defaulted a few global settings and so on, BUT they DO warn everyone to do a backup in the instructions. Being new to the Helix, I did do this and restoring my backup after update, all was well....

Except the Powercab setting in HX Edit when you use L6 Link got defaulted...

If you backed up before updating, do the restore and then go check all the global settings are where you want 'em.

Have had this LT unit for 4+ years and never encountered this problem throughout all the updates. So...went into Global Settings>Ins/Outs>"Multi/USB in 1/2 Destination"...rolled all way to right and back again. That seemed to reset the USB audio output (which I direct to my PowerCab). Now I can once again run video audio, mp3's, etc from my laptop thru the PC as before. FWIW.

2 hours ago, tmcbride said:

Have had this LT unit for 4+ years and never encountered this problem throughout all the updates. So...went into Global Settings>Ins/Outs>"Multi/USB in 1/2 Destination"...rolled all way to right and back again. That seemed to reset the USB audio output (which I direct to my PowerCab). Now I can once again run video audio, mp3's, etc from my laptop thru the PC as before. FWIW.

This might be a little late for you now, but regular forum contributor “HonestOpinion” posted this shortly after FW 3.10 became available.

Hope this helps/makes sense.