Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go amp model questions

sjturbo

I'm well aware that in some mfx units, such as the Vox Tonelab ST and EX, the settings in factory presets can be altered temporarily when in use, but they can't be saved in the same factory preset slot to overwrite the factory settings, which is a nuisance. The tweaks can be saved in a user slot though.  In these units the processor and memory are restricted and this approach frees up sufficient memory to give eg 50 or 100 user slots.  

But all the factory presets In Pod Go can be completely tweaked throughout and saved in the same slot, or overwritten completely with another preset.  Plus, you have a load of user slots in Pod Go too that again are all fully programmable. 

Thanks! I think I am not explaining myself, which regarding modeling pedals is not unusual. I think what I am getting at is the Pod Go processor is more limited in terms of specific amp models that may require more processing power and limiting the number of effects that can be used in the chain. VS the HX Stomp?

2 hours ago, sjturbo said:

Thanks! I think I am not explaining myself, which regarding modeling pedals is not unusual. I think what I am getting at is the Pod Go processor is more limited in terms of specific amp models that may require more processing power and limiting the number of effects that can be used in the chain. VS the HX Stomp?

Yes. The processing power of Pod Go is less than HX Stomp. If you look at the chart compiled by Benvesco, you can see how much DSP is used by each amp and fx. If you select an amp model with heavy DSP useage, eg a jumped amp, you'll have less DSP for fx and if you choose heavy DSP fx e.g. spring reverb you could run out of DSP after e.g. 3 fx. 

Zoom G11 and G6 show DSP percentages by each model.  Line 6 doesn't think customers should see DSP used as they think customers should onky choose amps and fx by the tones they like. I think that's over simplistic because if you should run out of DSP you can often find very similar sounding alternatives. I personally think Line 6 is very wrong here but unless a lot of people vote for seeing DSP percentages on Ideas Scale, Line 6 won't change their mind. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, voxman55 said:

Yes. The processing power of Pod Go is less than HX Stomp. If you look at the chart compiled by Benvesco, you can see how much DSP is used by each amp and fx. If you select an amp model with heavy DSP useage, eg a jumped amp, you'll have less DSP for fx and if you choose heavy DSP fx e.g. spring reverb you could run out of DSP after e.g. 3 fx. 

Zoom G11 and G6 show DSP percentages by each model.  Line 6 doesn't think customers should see DSP used as they think customers should onky choose amps and fx by the tones they like. I think that's over simplistic because if you should run out of DSP you can often find very similar sounding alternatives. I personally think Line 6 is very wrong here but unless a lot of people vote for seeing DSP percentages on Ideas Scale, Line 6 won't change their mind. 

Have you got a link at hand for the ideascale?

4 hours ago, OmegaSlayer said:

Have you got a link at hand for the ideascale?

Here you go:  https://line6.ideascale.com

In search bar at the top 'search ideas) type in Pod Go and i've already posted a number of ideas inc DSP info so please vote for anything you like (don't duplicate as it dilutes what Line 6 sees).  Here's the link to DSP Info: Here's the link to DSP info: Here's the link to DSP info: https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/DSP-information/1015976-23508

• Like 1