Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Spider V 120 - Remote v. 2.00 not working on Win10

metalornothing

I got a spider V 120 and I want to download the latest version of the remote for Win10. I dowloaded it and is said successfully installed but when I try to open it, the splash screen with appear for 2 seconds then close and it won't open. So I downloaded the previous version and it DOES work on my win10 machine. How do I make the new version work for me? Please help. Thanks. 

Downloading the following file from Microsoft should be enough:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) 12.0.40664 

https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=40784

This is what was needed on my freshly installed Windows 10 system after having the same issue as you described.

There are a lot of other programs out there which rely on this and install it as a dependency during setup. Unfortunately, Spider V Remote is not one of them. :-D Thats why a lot of people have problems with this on fresh Windows installations without other software that might have already installed this dependency.

Please open a ticket to raise Line6 awareness, I reported this to Line6 support back in October 2020.

For the Win 10 and Remote 2.00 issue try this >>>> Fixed My Spider V Remote 2.00 Issue with Win 10 - Spider V - Line 6 Community

The next issue you are going to have after running Remote 2.00 w/ Win 10 is the "no Internet" issue.  For that, the fix is in this thread  >>>> Spider V Remote no internet access detected - Page 2 - Spider V - Line 6 Community