Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Controller Assign not saving (Pitch Wham Position)

JimDiGritz

So I'm using my FBV Midi controller's expression pedal with Native (have tried both Reaper and Cantabile - this happens in both).

On the Pitch Wham block I'm assigning my expression pedal (CC7) to the Position slider and it works perfectly, however if I switch Preset (and then reopen it) or restart Native the controller assign is gone.

I can assign the expression pedal to other sliders on the same Pitch Wham such as Mix and that works and saves. I've also tried creating a blank preset with ONLY a Pitch Wham and this still occurs.

You can see in the screenshots, the preset is definitely saved and all I have done is switched to another preset and then re-opened the original preset and the controller assign is empty.. 

Can anyone replicate this??? Can you assign an expression pedal to the Position slider on the Pitch Wham AND save it???

Screenshot 2021-04-25 180353.png

Screenshot 2021-04-25 180418.png

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, soundog said:

I just tested using Native 3.10 and Logic Pro running on Mac Catalina. Pitch Wham Position assignment saved normally, so I had no problem. Not sure what's going on. Are you using V3.10?

Thanks for testing, am on 3.10 - but Windows 10...

It happens in both Reaper and Cantabile so it's not the DAW, I can also use the same exp pedal to control say Mix and that saves perfectly...

I came to the forum today to report that Helix Native is losing my controller assignment between sessions. Looks like exactly the same bug. I'm using Studio One 5 in Windows 10, Helix Native 3.10.

I can confirm that the assignment exists in the preset when I save it to disk, as I can see the "controller" section with what look like the correct values. If I reload the preset the assignment reappears in the UI, but it doesn't always actually have any effect. I see the MIDI IN light flashing but the assigned value does not change. At least not always - once, it seemed to work, and then stopped again.

So it sounds like you guys have verified a bug. If you want a fix, I suggest one or both of you open up a ticket with Line 6 and give them the specifics:

- occurs under Windows 10 running Native 3.10

- doesn't seem to be DAW-specific (same happens with Studio On 5, Reaper, and Cantible)

- doesn't occur OSX Catalina running Logic Pro X

Bug filed. Apparently they already know, if I'm understanding this correctly:

Hi, Thanks, we are already investigating this issue It should already happen when you switch the preset in Helix Native and going back to the previous one Best regards Christoph Dégardin Ampeg/Line 6 Support Europe

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue with Helix 3.10 on MacOS Mojave with Logic Pro.  The issue doesn't seem to be tied to a particular controller assignment, but if you have more than one controller assignment, it deletes all of them except for one.  But I also just tried only the pitch wham and it won't save even if I don't have more than one.  Perhaps I need to upgrade to Catalina?

I upgraded to Catalina and am still having the issue.  My setup seems identical to Soundog (Helix 3.10, macOS Catalina, Logic Pro) so not sure why it's working in one case but not another.  I filed a support ticket on the issue.  

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing is happening for me. I spent a few hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong before I finally gave up in frustration and found that it was a semi-known issue on this forum

For me it happens in latest versions Logic AND Studio One, on macOS Big Sur, on my M1 and my Intel Machines. 

I opened a support ticket with the info as well, lets hope there is a fix coming soon!

• Upvote 1

I heard back from them. They posted a Helix Native 3.11 update on June 1st. Unfortunately it did not fix the issue of losing expression assignments to Pedal Position parameter being lost on preset recall. I haven't tested it yet on my apple silicon, but my main desktop is intel based and there was no noticeable behavior change.

~B

• 1 month later...

I have the 3,11 plug in version and i have tested vst2 VST3 AND AAX plugins in cubase and pro tools in windows 10 AND HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME issue. I opened a ticket but had received no reply yet. Its certainly a bug and very unfair as I use this function all the time and this bug leaves my native plug in cripple 

• 3 months later...
On 10/23/2021 at 6:29 PM, LuccasF said:

I've tried on ableton live with 3.11 in 3 differents devices: Windows 11, mac book air Catalina and a macbook pro High sierra and all of them have this same issue (using volume pedal instead)

Hi,

Earlier in this thread there is a comment that this is a known “bug”. I would appear that this is still not fixed, therefore I will re-state what was posted by “soundog” - “I suggest you open up a ticket with Line 6 and give them the specifics:”

The more people contact Customer Service, the sooner it will be resolved.

Hope this helps makes sense.

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on this? Every time I load helix native I have to reassign my expression pedal to control volume. Strange bug as all other midi settings can save except this one. I often have 5-6 instances of helix native running and have to go to each  instance and reassign the expression pedal on the volume block for each one every time I load my DAW. Very frustrating as I use native for live use, and it is the only thing annoying in an otherwise awesome product. 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Jacawa said:

Same story. After change back  preset its gone. Realy  annoying. Im on free trial test so not shure to buy it.

Hi,

Please note what I stated I’m my earlier post above, from October 24th. 

You need to make Customer Support aware of this - if they don’t know there is a problem, it will not get fixed. Supply the information about your situation to them.

Me too” posts do not help!

Line 6 staff do not monitor these forums- it is a user group only!

Hope this helps/makes sense.

1 hour ago, louisplett said:

I did contact support about this issue and was told a fix was coming in the next firmware release. Here's hoping that the fix is there and the update releases soon!

Thanks for the update - maybe it will put other users’ minds at ease.

There is no time scale for updates - It will happen sometime and nobody outside if the Line 6 team will know exactly when, until it hits!

• 2 months later...

I’m cautiously optimistic…. Despite not mentioning it in the bug fixes list, my testing so far shows the disappearing-midi-assignments bug (not just just Pitch Wham) appears to have been fixed in 3.15!  I’ve been stuck on 3.1 because of it but now I get to play around with the new goodies from 3.10 and 3.15. Thanks Line 6!