Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD GO FActory reset and importing POD GO presets into Helix LT

vkinetic

Considering upgrading mu POD GO to a Helix LT.  I usually do a factory reset before selling my gear.  Does anyone know if doing a Factory Reset on the POD GO will overwrite any IRs already installed?  Also, and I apologize if this has already been answered elsewhere - can PODGO presets be ported over to the Helix LT?

Thanks

A factory reset will remove IRs and put all patches back to factory. Pod Go and Helix LT patches are not compatible so you can't import these.  If you want to sell with the IRs you can import these back in after the reset. You could also just sell as is and give the buyer the option to reset if they wanted or for you to reset if they preferred you to do it.  

• 5 months later...

Can I ask a related question about factory reset when selling a POD Go.

I assume if I factory reset the POD all user information will also be erased. In other words it won't be linked to my L6 account and therefore the new user doesn't have any access to my account details etc.

On the note of POD Go to Helix conversion, your best bet might be editing the .pgp files into .hlx files by hand. It will require some adaptation, but if you have some tech know-how, you can get some Helix files from CustomTone, understand the differences and adapt yourself. 

Otherwise, you'll have to do it by hand - you can heavily document your current presets from PG Edit and replicate the same settings when you get the Helix. 

15 hours ago, RickDeck3030 said:

Can I ask a related question about factory reset when selling a POD Go.

I assume if I factory reset the POD all user information will also be erased. In other words it won't be linked to my L6 account and therefore the new user doesn't have any access to my account details etc.

As far as I know, the POD Go isn't ever directly linked to your account, the only thing with a direct link is the PG Edit on your computer. The preset files don't even contain a reference to the account, if I remember correctly. 

Things like license verifications are only done in PG Edit when you're adding the presets. But if you factory reset it, the presets are gone, so the new user won't be able to use the ones you bought.

But again, if you wanted to let him (to increase the value of the POD Go), he still wouldn't have access to your account - only to the presets inside the POD Go at the time you delivered it. 

In any case, the POD Go will still be linked inside your account (assuming you registered it). But I believe the new user could still register it in his - from what I've heard there's an option to declare it as second hand, although I've never tried it. But again, he wouldn't have access to any information or purchases from your account. 

• Like 1