Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

User presets

Grobes123

Just got my Spider V 240 amp.  I like it so far with one glaring exception.  I guess I could have figured this out in advance but i'm disappointed there is only 1 bank reserved for user presets.  Ideally i'd like to NOT overwrite the factory presets and just have 3-4 banks with my own customized presets that i could have in adjacent banks say from 32-35.  Why didn't Line 6 create more space for user presets?  Is there any way to expand this?  Looking for ideas since i just bought this and still figuring out how i want to configure the amp.  thanks all.

If you hook up to your computer, you can save presets with Spider Edit. That way you can store presets you might not use that often, but load them on your amp when you need them. Or you could get a FBV3 and you'll have 32 banks to store your presets.

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Stewartcmiller said:

Could you please expand on how to use/save to the additional 32 banks on the FBV3?

I just thought I can switch between the banks on the amp with the pedal and not have an additional 32 banks.

Thanks

I guess I'm not understanding what you're asking. When you connect the Spider V to the Spider Edit app, there is a list of all the presets that you can overwrite. There are 128 preset slots to load your custom presets, and you can also click and drag the presets in the list to move them into the bank you want.

Maybe I misunderstood your post. With the spider remote app on the PC I can overwrite all the slots/banks in the Spider V with my own tones if I  want to, but obviously then lose the presets that it came with. 32 banks each with 4 slots.

I thought from your post that I could keep all the presets on the amp because the FBV3 also has 32 banks available to which one can save presets?

So thought 256 in total.

The only software I see though is FBV control.

The amp has 128 presets (32 banks of 4) -- period.  The FBV3 has no presets at all, and is only a controller for the amp.  However, using Remote, you can save all of the existing pre-programmed presets into "MyTones" in Remote so they are always available to you, and can be recalled instantly whenever you want.  Remote is not limited to 128 or any number; you can have thousands of presets there if you want (I believe....).  As such, with all of the pre-programmed presets moved in to "MyTones" that leaves the full 128 amp presets available to program as you wish, along with still having all of the pre-programmed presets one click away in Remote, if you want -- effectively 256 presets.  As I stated, you can save more than 128 into "MyTones"  -- so using that methodology, the Spider V presets are, basically, limitless.  To be very clear, though, the amp itself is limited to 128.  Remote has no limit.

Thank you. Very informative and clear.

Also noticed on closer inspection a “backup” button in the remote software when in the amp tab. So one can backup all the presets in one go to the PC HDD as well.

For the My Tones to work I need to first fix the internet access issue. Will look for the post again showing how to do that.

5 hours ago, Stewartcmiller said:

For the My Tones to work I need to first fix the internet access issue. Will look for the post again showing how to do that.

Yes, that is correct.  Basically, the Remote program is making an external query that is not being answered.  So the patch fix to use the free Fiddler program as the intermediary to satisfy the Remote query.  There are a few steps to do it, but it is not that complicated.  There are a lot of posts on that, and the work around does work.  Good luck.