Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need help with settings for dual amp setup

Hepnotic

I'm using a Marshall CODE 25, and a Roland Micro Cube. I love how great the modulation effects are in stereo, and I just like the sound of guitar that way.

I have both connected from their AUX input jacks, into each of the MAINS output jacks. Similar to having it setup to studio monitors I suppose.

I figured out how to disable all cabs globally, but it only applies to the GUITAR IN jack. I can't make it apply to the MAINS outputs. I know I can disable the cabinets manually on each preset, but i'll need to use them when using headphones or recording.

I tried using a Y splitter to connect both amps to the guitar jack, but then I lose the stereo effect. I know you can assign one of the footswitches to toggle the cabinet on/off. If that can be done globally for all the presets, perhaps thats the best workaround?

Also, my main out setting is on level. Would I be better off setting it to instrument, and connecting the pod to the guitar input jacks on my amps instead of the aux inputs?

Thank you for the help!

Use a stereo Y cable (male/male/female) to connect the pod go's effects out to effects in. In your signal chains, put the effect send/receive before the speaker sim. Or even before the amp sim if you want.

On the female of that Y cable, plug another Y cable in that splits the stereo into two mono signals. Connect each of those to each amp.

By moving the effects send/receive in the chain, you can tap off stereo signal at any point you like.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 10:05 AM, poodad said:

Use a stereo Y cable (male/male/female) to connect the pod go's effects out to effects in. In your signal chains, put the effect send/receive before the speaker sim. Or even before the amp sim if you want.

On the female of that Y cable, plug another Y cable in that splits the stereo into two mono signals. Connect each of those to each amp.

By moving the effects send/receive in the chain, you can tap off stereo signal at any point you like.

Thank you! I’ll try doing this.