Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp Tuner access by MIDI?

claudeu

In order to save my three footswitches for my three snapshots I am looking for a solution to access the stomp tuner.

I want to avoid having to use additional foot switches.

My "Forscore" App is able to send MIDI commands.

Is there a way to access the HX Stomp tuner via MIDI?

I could not find any clues in the manual.

1 hour ago, claudeu said:

Do you know an App for iPad which can send this MIDI CC message (activate the HX stomp tuner!) to my stomp? 

My ForScore App only sends program change messages.

For free there is basically nothing good enough imho, even for just few buttons. Lot of free stuff for midi notes, or faders and stuff like that, which isn't good for sending single CC messages to Helix.

For cheap there is the basic TouchOSC, which is a solid platform to make touch controllers.

Then there is imho the best, which is Midi Designer Pro, which cost a bit more, but you can build an entire controller for whatever midi device on earth. If you go that route, I can give you a quick controller I did for my Stomp , which is ready to run on Midi Designer Pro, and talk with HX Stomp. That will give you access to 5 footswitches, 3 snapshots, tap tempo and tuner,  looper, exp 1 and exp 2.

IMG-0016.png

Hi, thank you for your generous offer to use your programming. I will buy the MIDI Designer Pro 2. Your interface convinces me a lot! I always found it problematic that I could use the Helix edit programme only on the MacBook not on iPad. With your interface I would have access to the most important settings of my Helix Stomp and could leave my MacBook aside. This is essential, especially in the rehearsal room or on stage. In what form could you send me your controller? Would you like to have my e-mail address? Many thanks in advance! And best regards from Berlin to Italy! Claus 

56 minutes ago, claudeu said:

Hi, thank you for your generous offer to use your programming. I will buy the MIDI Designer Pro 2. Your interface convinces me a lot! I always found it problematic that I could use the Helix edit programme only on the MacBook not on iPad. With your interface I would have access to the most important settings of my Helix Stomp and could leave my MacBook aside. This is essential, especially in the rehearsal room or on stage. In what form could you send me your controller? Would you like to have my e-mail address? Many thanks in advance! And best regards from Berlin to Italy! Claus 

No problem, I can attach it here. Once you have your Midi Designer Pro installed, you just need to download that file from your ipad browser, then you need the File app for iOS to share that file with Midi Designer Pro. Remember to use the Share function, as it will ping iOS to find the right application for the given file format. Midi Designer Pro will open and it will ask if you want to append, you answer NO to that, as you only want the HX Stomp controller pages. Be aware this is a Dual Page controller (Left Bank Page is main HX Stomp controllers, Right Bank Page are free controllers, that you can assign to whatever you want in your presets). Set up the Midi Channel as is in your Helix. Also be sure to setup your Midi Designer Pro as in the first picture;

IMG-0017.png

IMG-0018.png

IMG-0019.png

IMG-5212.jpg

HX Stmp Dual Page.mididesigner

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you very much for your help! I made the connection to the HX stomp and was able to switch everything wonderfully. If there are still questions, I would be grateful if you could help me further. But first: great class!

52 minutes ago, claudeu said:

Thank you very much for your help! I made the connection to the HX stomp and was able to switch everything wonderfully. If there are still questions, I would be grateful if you could help me further. But first: great class!

Sure, we are here to help each other, aren't we? ;)

Glad you like it.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, claudeu said:

Hi PierM,

till now I use your design only to reach the Tuner and the snapshots. How can I customize the aasignible buttons on order to change my presets in HX stomp? And why is FS3 always red?

Hi,

that is just my own configuration, colors and everything.

To do your own (change golors, change CCs, add/remove more buttons and knobs etc..), you need to learn basics on how Midi Designer Pro works. I suggest you to give a read to the basics, it's pretty easy to edit, and from there, personalize your controllers.

https://mididesigner.com/wiki/doku.php/manual:10_intro

• Upvote 1