Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Possible issues with Helix Native in Logic Pro X

amsdenj

I have experienced some strange issues with Helix Native 3.10 on macOS Big Sur with Logic Pro X. In one plugin, the setlists were all blank while another plugin in the same project looked correct. Blocks that had bypass assigned to automation switches couldn't be controlled from the Helix Native plugin API. Automation switches were controlling bypass on the wrong blocks or multiple blocks. 

I was able to resolve all these issues by removing the plugin and adding it back. That indicates there may have been some state saved in the Logic Pro X plugin that became inconsistent with Helix Native. 

If you have any problems with Helix Native, try removing the plugin and adding it back.

15 hours ago, amsdenj said:

If you have any problems with Helix Native, try removing the plugin and adding it back.

Not come across this with Native and Logic on my Mac, but that's probably due to me refusing to update the Apple OS and just stick with what I know is working. I shall look out for it, and thanks to your post will be able to try your suggestion to remedy it.

Thanks for the info.

There have been a few pretty significant and useful updates to Logic Pro X recently, and some of the newer ones require features in the newer macOS. Updating can be a pain. My old MOTU FastTrack Pro MIDI hub no longer works in Big Sur. There's no kernel extension update from MOTU yet for MIDI devices. It's kind of the price of progress. I generally don't mind and prefer to keep things updated.

1 hour ago, amsdenj said:

I generally don't mind and prefer to keep things updated.

Yes, that is exactly the path that I used to follow, but after using Macs from right back to the Plus, I grew weary of the entire “house of cards” collapsing after every new update.

Guess, I’m a little long in the tooth now for chasing rainbows, but one day my unicorn may bring me the the thing that I definitely cannot live without. I already have a stack of stuff that promised to be the next big thing - that never happened!

;-)