Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Autowha

zarby1

12 hours ago, zarby1 said:

Hi, how to make an auto wha with the Helix

thank you

Laurent

If you are just speaking generically as in auto-wah, envelope filter, T-Wah etc. look under the 'Filter' effects category. There are several including a few in the Legacy category that don't appear under Mono or Stereo.

Here's a handy resource for looking up effect(also amp/cab) models:   

https://helixhelp.com/models

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

One word of caution for envelope filter -- it works very "specifically" with a specific guitar output level.  For example, if you dial it in for a Les Paul output level, it may not even get triggered completely with a telecaster.  Same thing with an acoustic sim -- it's very specific to your exact instrument.  One thing you can do is put some kind of a compressor before it, to level out the signal. 

Otherwise, the envelope filter on the Helix is my single source of frustration at the moment.  It's very very hard to dial it in.  It either starts getting too harsh, or not work as expected.  For some reason, I was able to tweak an envelope filter on a Boss processor a lot easier. 

The "mutant filter" is a fine auto-wah.  Don't put a compressor before it, though.  The auto-wah works by tracking the amplitude (volume) with the filter.  If you put a compressor before it, there will be less amplitude variation, thus less auto-wah happening.  You probably don't need to, but you could put a gain block before it if you want.

On 5/19/2021 at 6:49 AM, loonsailor said:

The "mutant filter" is a fine auto-wah.  Don't put a compressor before it, though.  The auto-wah works by tracking the amplitude (volume) with the filter.  If you put a compressor before it, there will be less amplitude variation, thus less auto-wah happening.  You probably don't need to, but you could put a gain block before it if you want.

Good suggestion, going to try this. Auto wah been on my list for a while to solve

On 5/21/2021 at 7:53 PM, Doug6String said:

I have a preset that works well for auto wha.  If you want it, PM me and I'll send it.

Hey Doug, I don't think you can PM anymore wasn't that removed? I would love to take a look at the patch if you could send email it to me?

paul@paulzx.plus.com. Thanks

Hi doug,

Thank you very much your preset work well but it's not this type of autowha that i talk about your"s is reacting to attack.

the one i want  the filter is controlled by a lfo synced to tempo