Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Accidentally pressing the effects loop button kills dead me dead live

Northsea

Hi, 

So here’s the thing. Loving the pod go and replacing my massive and heavy valve rig. But I seem to have to have a button assigned to the effects loop which I don’t use and no big deal DSP and all that. But...I keep pressing it accidentally live and without anything in the loop it just kills me. silence. Great for a mute if you want it but not mid solo! Can I do anything from preventing this happening without sticking something in the loop that I don’t need or desire? It’s been a serious issue. 

advice appreciated 

From the Bypass/Control screen select the FX Loop block and press ACTION. Use knob 1 to clear the footswitch bypass assignment.

(see manual for more detail. Too bad you hadn’t seen this earlier, since it’s been a serious issue for you. Maybe there’s other useful stuff in there?)

As Silverhead rightly said, you can unassign the fx loop.

But did you also know that you can  assign any footswitch slot for anything you want? I  reassign the fx loop slot as a main out 3db clean level boost for lead solos.

Did you also know you can change the position of any block or easily swap the position of two blocks?  I reposition the new 'level' block to bottom left so it's easy to stomp and not miss-hit for solos. 

It's amazing what you can pick up just by reading the manual.  There are also lots of useful things that are in the official Line 6 Pod Go videos and other videos on YouTube.   Pod Go is a very flexible unit, and whilst it's intuitive in many areas, there are a lot of things that aren't so obvious, so it's definitely worth investing some time to get to know it in more detail.

• Like 1