Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Update 3.11.0 problem -Solved!

eray

I've tried updating from 2.30 to 3.11.0 three times, I keep getting this message: "Boot Failure, Entered Update Mode!" This doesn't mean anything to me; I'm new to the Helix LT. I thought I had updated the software; when I turn the Helix LT on it shows the 3.11.0 version, but then I get the above message again. What do I do next?

Thanks.

If you began the update by downloading and installing the HX Edit v3.10 package you will have installed a program called Line 6 Updater. Run that program while your device is displaying the error message.

If you did not begin with HX Edit v3.10 do so now.

Thank you silverhead. Before I read your message I searched on the error message and found a YT vid at How to fix boot failure entered update mode error on your Line 6 Helix - YouTube

that suggests trying a different USB cable then the one supplied by Line 6 and a different USB port. I tried this and successfully updated my HLT.

So this problem is solved. Thank you users for posting fixes to problems on this forum and on YT.

eray

• eray changed the title to Update 3.11.0 problem -Solved!
7 minutes ago, eray said:

So this problem is solved.

That’s good news, glad you managed to find a fix.

The “Boot Failure. Entered Update Mode” was a thing that became a big issue around the 2.8 firmware update when a major changed happened in the core operating system of the Helix family of products.

It was highlighted in the release notes for that firmware, and from reading the recent posts about this glitch, it seems to be mainly happening to people who are updating firmware from pre 2.8. Updates can be temperamental, but hopefully from here on in you should be fine. Have fun!

Hope this helps/makes sense

I had exactly the same issue. Before updating, you need to make sure you have the latest version of HX Edit installed. Then power up the Helix holding buttons 6 and 12 down (to enter update mode). The use line 6 Updater (not HX Edit) to apply the firmware update.

29 minutes ago, dennismaria2 said:

Where is the link to update Native to 3.11? I hit the check for updates button and I get a generic page that talks about everything but Native?

The latest version of Native is 3.10.  Go to the Line 6 Downloads page and select "Helix Native" from the 2nd(All Software) pulldown menu and select your OS in the 3rd(All OS) pulldown menu. Do not select anything in the 1st(All Hardware) pulldown.  Click 'Go' and you should see Native 3.10. 

https://line6.com/software/index.html

The update of Native has not been integrated into the automatic upgrade process yet in HX Edit 3.10. You still need to download and install it manually.

• Upvote 1