Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any Cover Or Road Case For Amplifi Models For Sale?

jmjmeyers

I have to travel with mine.  The box it comes in is no Marshall box so it will only last a short while.  Looking for a cover to buy or even ready made as compact as possible road case.   I know I can have one custom made at a high cost.  Using a nylon deskside computer cover for now big enough to fit.  Searched and found nothing for sale so far.   I can't be the only one who would like at least a good cover.  I know Line 6 probably didn't count on it being dragged around expecting instead to have it sit permanently in one place so I may be going beyond initial intent with this request.  I get that but I still need something.

Funny you should mention the box, I picked mine up from Guitarget and it was in a more stable cardboard shipping box. 2 boxes for the price of one!  I am neither a gigger or a traveler, just pointing out they did ship it from Line 6 in 2 boxes..

I'm using a nylon dust cover from my Fender Vibroverb but it's a bit big.  I want to get a padded form-fitting slip cover with a pocket on the front.  I'm looking at "Studio Slips" (www.studioslips.com)  I can get a custom built padded slip cover (H16xW22.5xD9.5) with a pocket on the front for $85. Not cheap, but I think worth it considering how much I'll be moving this amp around for gigs.  The AMPLIFI's plastic cab looks durable, but I think a padded cover would really help to keep it from getting scuffed and banged around.  Anyone had any experience with "Studio Slips"?  Does anyone have any other ideas?  AE

Hot covers in the uk have made covers for me. They're very quick and make very good covers to your specs - but shipping may cost too much to deliver outside the uk to make it worthwhile. Worth checking though.

No other ideas spring to mind

The 150 is very close dimensionally to a Fender Blues Deluxe, as you can see in a picture I took here. I think it's like an inch smaller in all dimensions, but if you're looking for a hard case, one made for the Blues Deluxe would probably work well.

post-416571-0-16134200-1392948633.jpg

I talked with Larry at LeCover today about a cover for the AMPLIFI 150 -- and...

He's already put it on his site! 

You can get a cover in six different configurations, varying from a basic black polyester no-padding ($27.95) to premium PLUS beige with 1/2 inch nylon padding ($55.45).  He said turnaround time to make a cover is around 24 hours! The covers are W22.5 D9.5 and H16.

I think it's great that he's responded so quickly to our needs.  I think he is also planning to offer a cover for the AMPLIFI 75.

You can check them out and order from here:  http://www.lecover.com/proddetail.php?prod=494

AE

• 5 months later...

I put off ordering a cover for my 150 because I wasn't sure if I would keep it or trade down to a 75.  In the end, I decided to keep the 150 so I ordered a LeCover for it.  I want to let you know I'm very happy with it. 

I ordered a beige colored cover with 1/2 inch padding. It feels very thick and protective, and it's very smart looking. I ordered mine with an extra 1/4 inch of material in width and depth so that it could slip easily over the amp (which it does).  The material is thick enough to hold its shape when on the amp.  I also ordered a back pocket to use for the power cord and a guitar cord.  The back pocket look great, is the full size of the entire back, and doesn't take away from the clean cover design.  Additionally, it provides another 1/2 inch worth of padding on the back side of the amp. 

Given that this amp has a plastic case that's easily scratched, I've been reluctant to take it to gigs.  The amp's mainly been a "home" amp where it gets a lot of use.  Thanks to this cover, I now feel comfortable transporting it to gigs and practices. 

For those who have invested in the 75w amplifi,and are reluctant to get a custom made cover which can be more expensive than the following, my solution was to get a large carry all canvas bag, found one on the Bay, exact size +10mm, and padded interior

Fits like a glove

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjU0WDUzOA==/z/C2gAAOxy63FS-AB5/$_12.JPG

Hey pappywatts I am having trouble finding that exact bag on ebay and the picture link alone does not seem to help.

If it is not against the rules please post a link to it here as I want to buy one for a 75 I just picked up or provide any more descriptive ebay search info that might help find it.  I have tried Harrison's Store and Boss, Boss New York and nothing is coming up.  There are so many bags it could take days to find without more info.

Hey pappywatts I am having trouble finding that exact bag on ebay and the picture link alone does not seem to help.

If it is not against the rules please post a link to it here as I want to buy one for a 75 I just picked up or provide any more descriptive ebay search info that might help find it.  I have tried Harrison's Store and Boss, Boss New York and nothing is coming up.  There are so many bags it could take days to find without more info.

Hi, I'm resident in the UK, but here's the link on E Bay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151228958756?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

These were heavily discounted in the UK, but should be enough info to find similar in the USA...best of luck

• 3 months later...

If anybody else is looking for a cover or clamshell case for their Amplifi, I cannot recommend Studio Slips (www.studioslips.com) enough.  When I first contacted them, they did not have the exact specs for the Amplifi 150 and Susan at Studio Slips worked with me on getting the proper measurements and also for making a covered slot (with velcro to close it) in the top of the cover, allowing me to carry the amp with ease with the cover on but still keeping the dust out when not in use.  The end product is absolutely fantastic.  I opted for front and back zippered pockets to hold my cords, books and other accessories.  The resulting cover is both attractive and functional.  They can also make a clamshell for your amp as well, but I went with the straight slip cover.  Again, I cannot say enough nice things about them.  They were very responsive at all times and turn-around time for the cover was very quick.

post-2005018-0-52185300-1416357463_thumb.jpg

post-2005018-0-75442300-1416357486_thumb.jpg