Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Green Day Rocking A Stagescape System

I posted this about an hour ago ...... Eah ...Right , So a world famous band use Line 6  products.........What I have just seen would not make me want to buy the product....it sounds like rubbish. 

Please, Please, Please do not insult your customers with this....So What if Greenday ...or U2 or some other mega rich group of musicians use Line6 stuff.

Please show me what your customers have done well with the great products you make.....because most of us are not Greenday & scrape together the cash to put the dream rig together.

I am sorry for the rant, but I am sure that not one member of that band was aware of what system they were using & could not have cared less......

There is a client base here, who use the gear on a daily basis & I for one would prefer to see & hear what the majority of Line6's users do with the equipment you make  :-)

• Downvote 1

There are a lot of posts on here that are from users like me. The system is great. Better than any other system I have used. Yamaha, presonus, yorkville (yorkville are the line 6 distributors here in canada). And I will say it again and again....you may get a very good sound from all the gear in the same class, but you WILL NOT get it as easy as you will with the line 6 system. M20d, and stagescape speakers. All the gain structure, and pretty much all the EQ is done and ready to plug and play. With ZERO other outboard gear. Just a board and some speakers, and GREAT sound. I have started taking our sound so for granted in fact that I have had to remind myself to check it. Because it is such a set and forget system, it is easy to forget. In fact, just last weekend, I got their early, set up, checked levels. Drummer arrived. Checked that he had signal. He left. Singer/guitar showed up. Again, levels, nothing more. Then, about 15min before start time, guitar arrives, plugs in, and we start. All good to go. I mix our band from the stage. Just out front a couple times t check mx. It has been a long time since I have had to adjust much. A little on the EQ for a new room, but we play so many repeat venues, I load the scene, and we are done. Less than an hour to set up and ready to perform. Including lights (bit longer for more lights). Lights take much longer than the sound. Sound can literally be ready in about 20-30 min. Including monitors. As quick as you can position speakers, and plug in xlr cords.

It would not surprise me at all if green day very well does know what they are playing through, and I bet they like it!

• Upvote 1

Where is my reply ?

how should i know? might be operator error :)

I posted this about an hour ago ...... Eah ...Right , So a world famous band use Line 6  products.........What I have just seen would not make me want to buy the product....it sounds like rubbish. 

Please, Please, Please do not insult your customers with this....So What if Greenday ...or U2 or some other mega rich group of musicians use Line6 stuff.

Please show me what your customers have done well with the great products you make.....because most of us are not Greenday & scrape together the cash to put the dream rig together.

I am sorry for the rant, but I am sure that not one member of that band was aware of what system they were using & could not have cared less......

There is a client base here, who use the gear on a daily basis & I for one would prefer to see & hear what the majority of Line6's users do with the equipment you make  :-)

so a world class band wouldn't know or care what equipment they were using. that seems highly unlikely; but that's an opinion. and everybody knows the old saying about opinion...

i know your not naive enough to think that recording was a reflection on the sound quality of the stagescape. i think the fact that greenday even considered using it is enough to promote the product. and give stagescape users a twinkle in their eye.

i am proud to see that the line6 brand is being used by mega rich bands, makes me feel gooood.

if you want to hear stagescape users talk about it just read the forum. namely the post Digital Sound made directly after yours :)

Well, whether you love or hate the marketing strategy, you don't honestly expect a quality audio recording from a cell phone, or even a hand held digital camcorder, do you? Those mics always have their EQ centered on the "rubbish" frequency.

And there's a reason companies use famous faces to pimp their products...because it works, and as such, it will never end. Gibson puts Slash in their ads because nobody has ever heard of  you, me, or the other 99.97% of all those who own a Les Paul. Posting a video that says: "Buy Line 6 gear because Bob from Toledo likes it, and everybody tells him he sounds just like Clapton" probably won't do much for their bottom line.

• Upvote 1

Here is a good representation of the line 6 dream stage in action as it was all recorded with the M 20 D when I did this for my friend so they could shoot a video and a guy that is known pretty well around Georgia name Swaf did the mixing and mastering of this track and then it was put to the video....

http://youtu.be/3UCnpRqu_kI