Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native in the latest Reaper

twtwhite

Reaper seems to force or suggest an update at every turn.... I just updated and Reaper '

MACOS Big Sur 11.3

Repear 6.28

Native 3.1

Native logs in... then shows nothing but a "Helix Native" splash screen.....

Anyone else see this?

Thx

20 minutes ago, twtwhite said:

Native logs in... then shows nothing but a "Helix Native" splash screen.....

No problems in Windows.

Compatible OS: Mac OS X, macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave, macOS Catalina

Not compatible?

Fair comment re: REAPER...  I have to stop clicking the download when the bloody thing is working!

It was working fine before on Big Sur... so it might have been their update to 11.3...

(How can you tell it's OS?)

11 minutes ago, twtwhite said:

Fair comment re: REAPER...  I have to stop clicking the download when the bloody thing is working!

It was working fine before on Big Sur... so it might have been their update to 11.3...

(How can you tell it's OS?)

Can't speak to MAC World, but not an issue in Windows, so......maybe try re-install?

4 hours ago, twtwhite said:

It is clearly the update to MACOS.... it doesn't work in Garage Band either.

Anyone solved this yet?  Mac OS 11.3 w/ Helix Native.

Oh, dear - Apple screwed up again?

Try posting in one of the Apple forums and see if they have the answer as to why their new OS has messed everybody up.

If you get a reply, it would be interesting to hear their solution - as long as it isn’t “everyone should just fall in line with what we say”.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Apple is starting to p*ss me off with their nearly-forced hardware and software evolution. I'm too invested in their infrastructure to join the dark side. And I feel like they are trying to drag me kicking and screaming into the M1 Big Sur abyss....

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, soundog said:

Apple is starting to p*ss me off with their nearly-forced hardware and software evolution. I'm too invested in their infrastructure to join the dark side. And I feel like they are trying to drag me kicking and screaming into the M1 Big Sur abyss....

If you stare into the abyss......

• Haha 1

I could never get the Native demo to work in Reaper on Win 10.  I never figured it out & gave up.  I already have Amplitube & the full version of S-gear that came with my RME interface.  That was on Reaper 5 though.  

8 hours ago, tmingle said:

I could never get the Native demo to work in Reaper on Win 10.  I never figured it out & gave up.  I already have Amplitube & the full version of S-gear that came with my RME interface.  That was on Reaper 5 though.  

There are so many variations of configurations made to each individual users Windows machine that it could any one of a thousand reasons it failed. Driver conflicts are only one of the usual suspects among all the other high tech gaming mods etc., that get piled onto the operating systems house of cards.

Mentioning cards, also brings to mind the spate of complaints regarding SD cards casing issues. Is this sort of stuff really the fault of Line 6? Then Apple makes major changes, not only to to their OS, but also the hardware, and again Line 6 are in the firing line.

It might be that many of the people who complain about this stuff have the wrong idea about how many people actually work for Line 6. Even though they are part of the Yamaha Guitar Group, they are still a relatively small bunch of renegades who bring this stuff into the real world.

Re Native - this information has been here since 2017.

Hope this helps/makes sense.