Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Seriously, if you don’t see the new amp and effects models after updating, it means you need to update HX Edit

phil_m

Even if you think you did, it means you didn’t... There is no other reason. Macs sometimes seem to grab the old installation files when you think you're installing the new one. So clear out any old HX Edit dmg packages prior to updating.

For the love of God, don’t post another thread about it or ask it again!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Even if you think you did, it means you didn’t... There is no other reason. For the love of God, don’t post another thread about it or ask it again!

Good move Phil.

Maybe you should have done the title for this in BLOCK CAPITALS, but there are those will still miss it.

Shame you can’t make it a sticky post.

EDIT: Yay! It is now!

• phil_m pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2021 at 3:36 PM, phil_m said:

Even if you think you did, it means you didn’t... There is no other reason. Macs sometimes seem to grab the old installation files when you think you're installing the new one. So clear out any old HX Edit dmg packages prior to updating.

For the love of God, don’t post another thread about it or ask it again!

How do I update to 3.10?

Did you happen to update HX Edit to 3.01 (released on Feb 2, 2021)? If so, just connect Helix/HX to your computer via USB and launch HX Edit. The software will walk you through the entire procedure, including updating HX Edit 3.01 to 3.10, and backing everything up to your computer.

We weren't supposed to have to though. HX Edit is supposed to update itself now. Didn't work for me though, using Windows. I did update it manually and got it working before I posted though.

2 hours ago, jonandtice said:

We weren't supposed to have to though. HX Edit is supposed to update itself now. Didn't work for me though, using Windows. I did update it manually and got it working before I posted though.

Yes, HX Edit is supposed to update itself as of version 3.01.  Not previously though.

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, Makayla5 said:

If you need to install HX Edit, go to the Line 6 Downloads page and download the latest version closest to your Helix’s current firmware version (shown on-screen while powering on). Don’t use a more recent version of HX Edit until after performing the firmware update.

You can use the most recent version of HX Edit with older versions of firmware - that’s not an issue.

On 8/20/2021 at 12:18 PM, Makayla5 said:

Don’t use a more recent version of HX Edit until after performing the firmware update.

Huh?

Guess you must have missed this:-

Obviously HX Edit 3.11 is the current version, but this routine (using the latest version) still remains the way to do it.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/20/2022 at 6:25 AM, jmbstudios said:

Challenge accepted!  :D

Really?

First post - I would say, you’re a little late to this party, .

You missed most of the fun on this one - just wait till it starts all over again  ;-)

Soon!