Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

500x with ableton recording question

Jessehendrixp1

ok so ive been getting my feet wet doing some recording...... im just using the pod hd500x as my audio interface for now..... i am using ableton live 10 lite my setup is two sterling mx5 monitors that i am plugged into using the left and right balanced xlr connections....... i am getting sound coming through the speakers and am getting a recording signal...... what i cant figure out is that wether or not i have monitoring turned on or off the guitar signal comes through the monitors.... and when i turn the monitoring on for the guitar track it sounds like it has two signals........ can anyone give me some adive as to what im doing wrong i would like for the guitar signal to only come out when i turn on monitoring..... or is that even posssible the way i have things ran? something in the settings i need to adjust maybe? thanks for any and all help

There are 2 monitoring solutions at your disposal and you should enable/use only one of them at a time, which one depending on your needs.

If you enable the DAW track monitoring (which has latency) you should disable the POD direct hardware monitoring by opening its asio driver control panel and turning down to zero the hardware monitoring level. (Tip: use this monitoring solution only if you need to run live a IR loader plugin or other effects plugins in your DAW)

If you choose instead to use the POD direct hardware monitoring (zero latency) open the POD asio driver control panel and turn up the hardware monitoring, and disable the DAW track monitoring, otherwise you get 2 same monitoring signals at the same time and out of phase to each other.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips