PG As My 4CM Pedalboard: Works Great!

JYD87

Let me start by saying I bought the Pod Go to be used FIRST as an 'at-home' mini pedalboard to mimic my larger, more cumbersome gigging pedalboard.  I was looking at something simple like the Mooer Red Truck, but I wanted more options and an expression pedal attached.  Second, I bought the PG as I MAY try to use is as my live rig, including amps/cabs to FOH and/or Power amp/Real Cab.  Also, I'm a hardcore tube amp, analog/digital pedal guy, so this is my first experience playing with an owning a modeler, which I never liked the sound of before through powered speakers.  I wanted to ease into it and the PG seemed like a great first step and value.  

I'm running it 4CM into my Splawn head.  

So far, I love it.  It sounds great and I have all the FX on my gigging board plus tons of FX I've always wanted to try or cannot fit on my gigging board.  

One day, I will try it with my Mackie Thump, but for now, I'm having a lot of fun with it 4CM through my Splawn.  

Gripes So Far

• It does add a little bit more noise than my gigging board, which is mostly analog and some digital FX, but not too much. I need to figure out how to add a Noise Gate maybe at the end of my pre-amp chain.  But I really need more blocks for that.  
  • If I were to have a wish list, it would be for just 2 more blocks and 2 more footswitch buttons and a larger screen to show for the additional blocs.  SO MAYBE if I love this thing, I will graduate to the Helix LT.  

I almost went the Headrush route, but Gigboard didn't have the expression pedal and enough footswtiches for me.  The LT was too much for my needs at this time; I can upgrade later.  the Mooer stuff looked a little cheap and figured I'd want to upgrade to something like the PG later, so...

That is all.  Thanks! 

Hi @JYD87, glad you're enjoying your Pod Go:

• It does add a little bit more noise than my gigging board, which is mostly analog and some digital FX, but not too much. I need to figure out how to add a Noise Gate maybe at the end of my pre-amp chain.  But I really need more blocks for that.  

Although you can add a noisegate as a block anywhere in the signal chain, you don't need to.  There is a noisegate already in Pod Go as a 'free' 'fixed block' in the 'input block'.  See p16 of the latest manual. You can turn the gate on/off, set the threshold, and the decay levels.  It's really all you need. 

• If I were to have a wish list, it would be for just 2 more blocks and 2 more footswitch buttons and a larger screen to show for the additional blocs.  SO MAYBE if I love this thing, I will graduate to the Helix LT.  

You can have two more foot-switches (see p7 & 33 in the latest manual). You can add 2 momentary switches to give you FS7 & FS8.  I do this on my Pod Go (see pic). Unfortunately you can't see these in the window, but they are still very useful and can be set to anything that the other foot-switches can be set to.  Because it's difficult to remember what they do in every patch, one approach is to use them for the same thing in every patch. For example, the left switch could be set to kick in e.g. a 3dB clean boost, and the right switch might be to change the mic model or kick in the fixed block EQ etc.   That way you 'free' the 6 FS on screen to do things you need to see.  

aC_iIJnDeO6uVvPhFJlboOez-eWjsVbzs11IBMlLygCzk0D6jpTVRxAyBVz2K1T3DJ2Nl-fOj-PWyM5xc3Sv1jSg6c_fcV9UzBDzJ9ULZFESnmCmzkXuOwsbE7vhVN5_CC3bUFI3qUTB88T5z3m80KtvvKCehNLiEoPkGEBLLy6AHnxGqYcLx_bI9XcNa6LTHVTiLzCfV0axM6JqCJ74ERgpgBmd31Aa5Fjo_M7552JBM7XSw8m6LYLOSXelF3yse_KSEczmwq_-I9IvfG7nuK4L3dWzvPoHTYPMj342pYSwyeX8atbuA6qNgkuocWYRRSDwn7loUTzou38UWbR5-h1nHaFzFo0L1k_rVJQrTdcJMOtzFSGo1_bOUS3TRTG6USo1ThYmExQIJEp1qF3Tf6KHwq-mN9e8tG8eqPHd4U2uTmkQnDTNHuwt89rmD8NBa0G7wa0Q-ELJ9naWL9WTqCQZSzLIBudZqOqOkuu2XQLd2ZVsJ_-bICqEYWjnRovTj0ewEPZ2iaMhLdeNC48cyHhlgtCLIvXY2ECumvqX3I5mlQBm5uDPs2S0Sm41Vr5Fc6zCpJkVrI5PrG5dtdd5Lue89SYK7whh99vxRXKHt3WARuBdLLo2zHzMd9EEWReWUA_Ijh9ngwM0Vj0xZYvihSb81RYvBqo5bQreNsPtM1_seMJ_dvKoy86DnIvMsC8avu3p_y5Hx-uMvM-OTKp0hJdi=w1324-h993-no?authuser=0

For two more blocks, vote for this (the same idea has been posted several times, so vote for each one) on Ideas Scale here: https://line6.ideascale.com/a/ideas/search?templateId=0&query=pod+go

Although Line 6 say they won't add extra blocks, the more folk that vote for this the more chance we might get them to change their mind.  Read through all the Pod Go ideas (search for Pod Go and they will all come up) including naming snap shots and multi-function switches, and seeing FS7/FS8 in the screen, etc.