Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help with Line 6 updater.

MALAPP1

Since I purchased my Powercab Plus, the updater only see's it.  I want to download 3.11 for my Helix but there is no option for the Helix.  I have unplugged the USB cable and rebooted but there is still no Helix.  This is on a Mac running Big Sur.

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 6.29.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 6.31.58 PM.png

Edited by MALAPP1
misspelled words

13 minutes ago, MALAPP1 said:

I want to download 3.11 for my Helix but there is no option for the Helix.

Hello, once more.

You obviously didn’t read the release notes for FW v.3.11 which states:

How do I update to 3.11?

Any chance you've already updated HX Edit to 3.01 (released on Feb 2, 2021) or 3.10 (released on April 15, 2021)? If so, just connect Helix/HX to your computer via USB and launch HX Edit. The software will walk you through the entire procedure, including backing everything up to your computer. If you updated HX Edit to 3.10, THAT IS THE NEWEST VERSION AS OF THIS WRITING.

There  should be no reason to use the Line 6 Updater unless the instructions above fail.

Full details here:

Hope this helps/makes sense.

6 minutes ago, MALAPP1 said:

I am still on 2.9

O.K. One more time - this is from the release notes in the link that I provided in the previous post:

My Helix/HX is at version X.XX. Can I go straight to 3.11?

Absolutely, but note that if you're starting with a version lower than 2.80, the update will appear to happen twice. This is normal.

Go to the downloads and install HX Edit 3.10. 

Launch HX Edit 3.10 while having your Helix connected over USB. HX Edit should detect your hardware and tell you there is a firmaware update available. Follow all the instructions from there on in, - do not deviate!

Hope this helps/makes sense.

EDIT: OK YOU FIXED IT!

Edited by datacommando
Edit