Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Disable cab block globally?

SynysterZ2

You can’t disable the cab block, per se, but you can set the Amp Out 1/4” output to tap off right before the cab block in the Global Settings menu. Of course this means that any blocks you have after the cab block wouldn’t affect this signal. So if you wanted to still use all your blocks in this scenario, you’d need to have the cab block as the last thing in your presets.

Hi,

Is it not possible hardwarewise to add this feature to the Pod Go ? Is there a hardware limitation not allowing to do that ? I mean, having the possibility to bypass cab block globally on the amp out while keeping it active on the main outs ? I usually send the stereo main to FOH and use an amp on stage for monitoring and at the moment I have to either leave cab on and the monitor sound is not that nice, or put the cab at the end and I lose the stereo signal on main outs.

Cheers.

Jay

59 minutes ago, ceedjay said:

Hi,

Is it not possible hardwarewise to add this feature to the Pod Go ? Is there a hardware limitation not allowing to do that ? I mean, having the possibility to bypass cab block globally on the amp out while keeping it active on the main outs ? I usually send the stereo main to FOH and use an amp on stage for monitoring and at the moment I have to either leave cab on and the monitor sound is not that nice, or put the cab at the end and I lose the stereo signal on main outs.

Cheers.

Jay

RTFM? You are talking about dual modes which is there in the GO...The only thing is that it is not global and since the cab can be moved in the chain, a global setting doesn't fit here...use the AMP OUT for your monitor and make sure the System setting for the AMP OUT is Cab/IR...Generally, you might want to move the Cab block to the end of the chain for this so the post FX are in the Amp out.

I guess you should read my post more closely. I know the f*****g manual by heart LOL

I do know how to set everything up but, if the cabs could just be bypassed on the amp out (only) and not judt be tapped before the cab, we wouldn't have to put the cab at the end of the chain to get all effects in the monitoring amp. The way I do it, I have stereo effects after the cab, so that the main outs are in stereo to FOH, but I have to tap the signal before the cab on the amp out and therefore get a dry signal. If I want to have the effects in the amp, I have to choose the "clone main outs" setting, but then the cab doubles up with the cab of the amp.

My question was then, is there a hardware limitation preventing line6 to allow the amp out to give the same signal as main outs but with the cab disengaged ?

I also own a Hotone Ampero. In the settings you can choose to disable cabs globally on either left or right output, without having to deactivate the block in your presets.

Cheers.

Jay

1 hour ago, ceedjay said:

I guess you should read my post more closely. I know the f*****g manual by heart LOL

I do know how to set everything up but, if the cabs could just be bypassed on the amp out (only) and not judt be tapped before the cab, we wouldn't have to put the cab at the end of the chain to get all effects in the monitoring amp. The way I do it, I have stereo effects after the cab, so that the main outs are in stereo to FOH, but I have to tap the signal before the cab on the amp out and therefore get a dry signal. If I want to have the effects in the amp, I have to choose the "clone main outs" setting, but then the cab doubles up with the cab of the amp.

My question was then, is there a hardware limitation preventing line6 to allow the amp out to give the same signal as main outs but with the cab disengaged ?

I also own a Hotone Ampero. In the settings you can choose to disable cabs globally on either left or right output, without having to deactivate the block in your presets.

Cheers.

Jay

Its not a feature that's currently available but it's one of the requests on 'Ideascale' - you can vote for it here: https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Ability-to-separately-turn-on-off-Cab-in-Amp-Cab-block/1012849-23508

And here: https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Pod-Go-Global-Cab-on-off/1012550-23508

And have a look through - there may be further requests, and other things you'd like to vote for. In search bar type Pod Go & you'll see them all, just scroll through

4 hours ago, ceedjay said:

Yes, there is. It would require additional processing power. Think about the signal flow. You'd have one signal going through, passing through the bypassed cab block and then get processed by whatever blocks were after the cab block. Then you'd also have another signal, going though the cab block, being affected by it, and then that signal would need to get processed separately from the non-cab signal. It would require additional DSP.

In order to do something like this on the Helix, you'd have to set up dual paths, with at least the blocks after the cab duplicated on both paths. So that's why it's not possible on the POD Go.

4 hours ago, voxman55 said:

Its not a feature that's currently available but it's one of the requests on 'Ideascale' - you can vote for it here: https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Ability-to-separately-turn-on-off-Cab-in-Amp-Cab-block/1012849-23508

And here: https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Pod-Go-Global-Cab-on-off/1012550-23508

And have a look through - there may be further requests, and other things you'd like to vote for. In search bar type Pod Go & you'll see them all, just scroll through

Hi,

It's my own request on Ideascale, so, already upvoted ;o)

Cheers

Jay

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ceedjay said:

Hi,

It's my own request on Ideascale, so, already upvoted ;o)

Cheers

Jay

There are a few similar requests so if you search through there may be more to upvote.

I think there should be a way to have Global blocks: every time you use an amp called "Mail Order Twin", the settings are all sync'ed up.  That's how i feel most people use the Helix anyway, or should use it: "preset for every song".   When you play a set, you just keep pressing "up", and go to your next song, with all of its sections, e.g.: intro, verse, chorus, outro, feedback.  

I have a bank of 40+ songs.  All of them are based on the same core set of blocks: Same distortion, same wah, same amp.  So for me, if I decide to tweak my amp, I'd need to do it in each one of the presets, 40+ times.  It would definitely be a lot easier if it could be done in one go.  Or if you have to play a telecaster instead of your regular Les Paul, to be able to adjust the gain in all your presets.  At least we have the editor that helps adjust things like this. 

I've seen a few pretty old Ideascale entries regarding this.  Having a concept of a global block would allow us to bypass blocks globally as well -- really convenient if you decide to take all your presets and use a real amplifier, for example, to bypass all your amp blocks in one go.