Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New GT10II only 2 hours battery life

Hi,

I purchased a new Relay GT10II transmitter for my Spider V 120 MkII. I waited for Version II because of the issue with battery life.

However I experienced, that the battery life with the new transmitter is only about 2 hours, before it has to be charged again.

Is this goint to be fixed, or does it take some time until the transmitter gets its full capacity?

I have firmeware 2.02 installed in the Spider V and 2.00 in the transmitter.

Best regards

Hendrik

I would return it or open up a support ticket. When new, you should be getting close to the expected 7 hours life. That’s what I’m getting with mine. Are you sure you’re charging it to full capacity?

• Downvote 1

So will be sending the G10IIT back. Have charged and tested twice....same result in both cases. Not more than 2.5 hours of playing time. I took the Transmitter out of the guitar when not playing.

Hardly any difference between this and my G10T after the advised firmware “upgrade” which effectively killed it.

Really disappointing as the original G10T worked without problem for hours before this whole firmware debacle!

Seriously, I have two G10II transmitters, and I'm getting way more than two hours with them. I used the one for a two hour rehearsal earlier in the week and then proceeded to play a few hours more at home, and it wasn't dead. I used the other one this morning for a church service, and we had a hour+ rehearsal and then the service. I didn't charge it in between, and I don't believe the battery indicator on the POD Go Wireless was even down to the second bar yet.

7 hours ago, phil_m said:

Seriously, I have two G10II transmitters, and I'm getting way more than two hours with them. I used the one for a two hour rehearsal earlier in the week and then proceeded to play a few hours more at home, and it wasn't dead. I used the other one this morning for a church service, and we had a hour+ rehearsal and then the service. I didn't charge it in between, and I don't believe the battery indicator on the POD Go Wireless was even down to the second bar yet.

Apart this place, I'm also reading good reviews about the mark II transmitter, so something is odd here.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, PierM said:

Apart this place, I'm also reading good reviews about the mark II transmitter, so something is odd here.

I'll be giving it a while longer... I'm still rather hesitant to throw good money after bad.

Could it be, that the firmware of the spider V Amp has to be downgraded to 2.0? I have the suspicion, that with the new firmware the amp does not charge the transmitter completely.

I have replaced the transmitter, but the new one is'nt any better. Has anyone tried it with the orginal reciever?

Greetings

Hendrik

Charged fully with the receiver as well instead of charging it with the amp. Exactly the same issue. The receiver has the newest firmware and the transmitter as well.

After 2.5 hours - battery dead. Have now sent it back. There are better things to spend 100€ on.....

• Sad 1

Just wondering if they also silently changed something on the charger side, so people pairing new G10T II with old chargers are still gonna get the same crap as with the old transmitter... This would mean you have to re/buy the entire combo again to see some goodish result.

Meh. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 5/30/2021 at 5:52 AM, PierM said:

Just wondering if they also silently changed something on the charger side, so people pairing new G10T II with old chargers are still gonna get the same crap as with the old transmitter... This would mean you have to re/buy the entire combo again to see some goodish result.

Meh. 

I’m charging my new G10TII in my original G10S receivers.

Listen, there’s still going to be failures now and then, as with anything that uses a battery, but I’m certain that under normal conditions, people should be getting much closer to the 7 hours listed on the box (and is actually printed on the box). Line 6 hasn’t been perfect, but they aren’t completely stupid.

Did you update the firmware of your G10S to version 1.01?

If not then you are still running the true original receiver.

I updated the firmware of my G10 receiver to 1.01 due to the whole update warning from Line 6 and wondering if this was still affecting the charging of the newer G10TII as well.

18 hours ago, Stewartcmiller said:

Did you update the firmware of your G10S to version 1.01?

If not then you are still running the true original receiver.

I updated the firmware of my G10 receiver to 1.01 due to the whole update warning from Line 6 and wondering if this was still affecting the charging of the newer G10TII as well.

Yes, mine receivers have been updated to 1.01 for over a year now. I’d also add that the box is explicit that people should except 7 hours with the compatible receiver products.

On 5/24/2021 at 9:12 PM, Stewartcmiller said:

nal receiver (which also had a firmware upgrade....because of the fire warning).

So even the new generation of GT10 are 2.5 hours????

What a load of rubbish!!

Line 6 stop using CHEAP CHINESE batteries and GRAB GOOD QUALITY JAPANESE ones instead!!!!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ehackster said:

So even the new generation of GT10 are 2.5 hours????

What a load of rubbish!!

Line 6 stop using CHEAP CHINESE batteries and GRAB GOOD QUALITY JAPANESE ones instead!!!!

As I mentioned above, no, the G10TII should give you pretty close to the advertised 7 hours of life. Anything much shorter than that is a defect.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 8:51 PM, Stewartcmiller said:

Should I chance buying it a second time then in the hope that the one I just returned was defective?

In all honesty, no. The Boss WL20 (WL20L if you have active pickups) would seem to be a way better option - up to 12 hrs playing time, and simpler/tidier, with great reviews.  Although both my G10T Mk1's would seem to be functioning at an acceptable level currently (see here:https://line6.com/support/topic/60937-for-all-g10-relay-users-who-are-getting-only-a-few-hours-playing-time-after-chargingyou-might-find-this-interesting/), it's clear that these units are behaving strangely, and frankly you don't need the aggravation with Line 6 if a new unit is not significantly better.  And even if it gives 7hrs playing time, that's still only a tad over half of what the WL20 gives. 

• 1 year later...

I purchased the GT10II and after waiting through a 4 month backorder, it was finally delivered. I powered up my Spider V MK120 amp and plugged in the relay. The colors went from red, to flashing green, to solid green. I pulled out the relay, plugged it into my guitar and after about 30 minutes the relay's light was already flashing green - meaning it had less than 30 minutes of battery life. I went through the charging routine again, plugged it into my guitar and after about 40 minutes the relay was stone cold dead. Is this device defective??

On 11/2/2022 at 3:50 PM, cheeker51 said:

I purchased the GT10II and after waiting through a 4 month backorder, it was finally delivered. I powered up my Spider V MK120 amp and plugged in the relay. The colors went from red, to flashing green, to solid green. I pulled out the relay, plugged it into my guitar and after about 30 minutes the relay's light was already flashing green - meaning it had less than 30 minutes of battery life. I went through the charging routine again, plugged it into my guitar and after about 40 minutes the relay was stone cold dead. Is this device defective??

Contact support. I do have the same transmitter, and does last at least 5 hours with a full charge.