Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Momentary snapshots using control center?

emagli

Hi there,

I am playing a song where I have to do a very short lead several times during the song, quickly switching from rhythm to lead tone and back. It's so short that pushing a footswitch first to change to the lead tone and then again to switch back would be inconvenient, so I am trying to use a momentary switch.

My setup is based on the stomp/snap mode. I am mostly using snapshots which I select using the bottom row of footswitches, and stomps on the top row for things I set up before the song begins and never touch while playing. I have tried to use a stomp switch in momentary mode for this lead tone. It works, but it is very inconvenient to have this switch in the top row because several times it happened to me to hit also another footswitch at the same time, entering a mode where all footswitches are lighted up and I can only get out pressing the tap button. Anyway, I prefer to keep the snap switches in the bottom row because all my other patches use snapshots. So my question is: is there a way to enable a snapshot in momentary mode, such that when I release the footswitch it gets back to another snapshot?  I know this was not possible before the overhaul of command center. I admit I never properly learned to use the new features in command center, so if you can tell me if it's possible to do it and give me a pointer, that would be great.

Cheers!

You can also use the Expression pedal.  When engaged more than 10 percent, turn on your EQ, Delay, whatever else.  When It's in the bottom position, all of those are off.  You can have it turn off after 500 ms in the down position.  Or have it immediately turn off.  If you have to toggle between rhythm and lead, try that.  It may work. 

To set it up You can use the learn functionality, to give bypass assignment to blocks, as needed.