Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

4CM Tone Loss: Settings or Buffer?

JYD87

Running my Pod Go in 4CM as my pedalboard: exactly as intended.  Cabs and Sims are off.  I love it.  Running wah, OD, phaser, flanger in front, then delay, reverb, eq in the loop.  Its awesome.  

The only issue I'm realizing right now the high-end 'clank' and clarity I have when I'm plugged in straight into the amp OR when I'm using my analog Friedman pedalboard with the Buffer Bay, is gone.  That high end clarity is decreased by about 30% or so.  Same as using long cables, which mine are somewhat longish, and I'm using 3 into the amp, but they are higher end.  

I looked at Global EQ settings, but wasn't sure which way to go there and I think I also read somewhere that I may need a buffer.  What say you folks?  How can I get my clank/clarity back?

Cheers. 

• Like 1

I think it can be 'corrected' by placing a buffered pedal (eg a Boss pedal) in front of Pod Go, which you can leave switched 'off'.  I use a G10 Relay with my Pod Go which I believe does the same thing. 

20 hours ago, voxman55 said:

I think it can be 'corrected' by placing a buffered pedal (eg a Boss pedal) in front of Pod Go, which you can leave switched 'off'.  I use a G10 Relay with my Pod Go which I believe does the same thing. 

Yup.  Stuck my Perterson Strobostomp and it brought the clarity back 100%.  Thanks for the suggestion  

• 5 months later...

Is this a hardware issue? Surely the electronics in the Pod GO could perform buffering at input; it seems like such an oversight to have made the unit to tone-suck.

Can it be fixed in a firmware upgrade to EQ back in the frequencies (if hardware cannot be made to do it)?