Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix and my new HX stomp

JOHNNYMC5150

Hey everyone just wonder if maybe I can get some feedback. I have the helix floor, which obviously we all know is the greatest thing ever, but it’s a pain to carry around. So I just purchased the HX stomp. Going to leave one at home and the other one at the house studio. I matched all my patches up exactly but there is a significant difference between my helix and my HX stomp in mainly the gain/ overdrive.  Every parameter is exactly the same. Everything is updated. Any ideas? Thanks

If everything is set the same, and both are running through the same playback system, I can only guess digital gremlins.

Back up your HXS (including Globals) and do a factory reset (reboot holding FS 2 + 3).

If that doesn't work, call an exorcist (or open a support ticket).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JOHNNYMC5150 said:

The one thing that is different i just realized is I connect to my power speaker with an XLR with my Helix. And a sterero 1/4 to female XLR for my HX stomp. Could this be the reason

IMG_9500.HEIC 1.18 MB · 0 downloads IMG_9501.HEIC 1.83 MB · 0 downloads

Is the 1/4" TS or TRS? The HXS outs are balanced, so you should be using TRS.

@JOHNNYMC5150 are you running each of your Helix devices' L/Main Output at Unity Gain? This requires each of their physical Main Output knobs to be in the Maximum fully clockwise position. Note: Helix Floor's Global Settings allow reconfiguration of this Main Knob! 

Moreover, typically when feeding the Floor or Stomp to a powered speaker (you did not state what powered speaker you have) the Helix Output setting would be on Line Level not Instrument Level. And, many powered speaker models have input switches to match the input level connected to their respective input jacks. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MusicLaw said:

are you running each of your Helix devices' L/Main Output at Unity Gain? This requires each of their physical Main Output knobs to be in the Maximum fully clockwise position. Note: Helix Floor's Global Settings allow reconfiguration of this Main Knob! 

This.

1 hour ago, JOHNNYMC5150 said:

@rd2rk also I am using 1/4" TRS male to XLR Male

Once I found a .heic converter I saw that.

1 hour ago, JOHNNYMC5150 said:

@rd2rk thanks for all this trouble shooting i really do appreciate it. I did the same thing you did loaded 26 into my helix and they match perfectly with the Main/wha. sooooo it has to be the cable I am using or something wrong with my stomp.

You need to be comparing the 26 ON the HXS to the 26 ON the Helix, BOTH through the ASC10. That's the only way you'll find the problem.

Also, take some other presets from the HXS and put them on the Helix. A/B multiple presets through the ASC10, HXS vs Floor.

When I did my comparison I moved my HXS from my office to my studio and ran the 26 preset side by side on my Floor into a mixer and on to a set of studio monitors.

As apples to apples as it gets.