Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX stomp straight in to audio interface

reaperhelix

Hello everybody,

I initially had an issue getting sound from the HX stomp but I realized it was defaulted to audio interface 

and not my AXE I/O interface ha! Didn't expect that

Anyhow, hope to get some advice on few other issues I'm running in to.

I do have another Multi effects unit  ( Mooerpreamp live) but wanted to also get an HX stomp because well ...I always wanted a Helix and now I had a chance to get one.

I'm doing what I have always done with multi effects units....simply connect them to my audio interface and voila ready for practice or record by firing up my DAW but I'm just having so many issues with the stomp....not sure what and if I'm doing something wrong but for example  if I turn it on and go to jam no sound comes out....however if I fire up my DAW it works....now funny thing is there is obvious lag....I have my AXE/IO chosen as my interface. Is the HX stomp defaulting to audio interface state or conflicting somehow with something? 

All I want to do is plug it in my audio interface and play.....I disconnected that and put the Mooer in it's place....no issues at all.......I even tried old Behringer vamp pro again no issues

What the hell am I doing wrong guys? Am I missing or overlooking something? haha

I also tried it with a cab simulator plugin and getting some lag whereas the other units have virtually no lag at all...just worried if the unit is defective or if it''s simply a setting I have overlooked

I don't want to use the HX stomp as an audio interface either

I also want the HX to be my main unit :(

My stomp is fully updated also

I'm using a Windows 10 PC

Thank much everyone

Edited by reaperhelix
wanted to provide more details hoping to get help

Hello rd2rk,

Thank you for your response!

I had done a factory reset as well It must be some setting on my computer. I totally forgot to check the head phone out actually, I will check that as well.

I'm going to mess around with it plenty today. When I start my DAW, that's when I actually get sound out of my monitor speakers. Later I'm going to check the headphones as you said.

The stomp doesn't automatically go into audio interface mode when opening HX edit or simply plugging in the USB cable, right? Unless I actually choose to do that?

Thanks rd2rk for your advice!

Your analog audio outputs always work unless the volume knob is turned all the way down. Check your AI. Some have a knob or switch that controls the mix of audio to their outputs, and if it's set 100% to the computer side vs the direct monitoring side that could cause the problem you're describing.

• Upvote 2

Hello rd2rk 

I meant to reply yesterday as your suggestion was spot on!

That was the issue all along.

In the midst of going nuts when I was swapping out pedals to try and fix the problem I had left the mix knob toward computer side when connecting the HX ha! Thanks for your suggestion! 

Now on to learning how to tweak with it... It seems like a different beast but I'm glad there is nothing wrong with it.

Oh and please line 6 don't come out with a successor yet I just jumped on the bandwagon haha

Thanks again rd2rk