Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native 3.10 fails to scan into Reaper

Fugumss

As the title says.  One day I started up Reaper and it immediately crashed to desktop.  I noticed that it crashed to desktop when it was doing the initial plugin scan and got to Helix Native.  I was able to load Reaper by opening a project that didn't have Helix Native on.  Now where I scan my plugins there is a drop down that says "Plugins failed to scan" and it has Helix Native there.

I have completely uninstalled Helix Native and reinstalled it, even on safe mode.  I've uninstalled Reaper and reinstalled it, and I've made sure that I'm up to date on every driver and program that I'm using.

I feel like it could be related to Windows update that happened the other night.  I'm going to try and roll it back and see what happens.  Is anyone else having this issue? I'm on Windows 10 version 19042.985

Thanks for the help!  I have Archetype plugins to fall back on, but Helix is my main thing that all my projects rely on and where all my favorite jamming tones are.  I really want to get this back up and running.

I have similar problems. I dad it more or less one month. I bought the started version plug in helix native. I was working with windows 7. Now l updated to windows 10. And now it doesn't work. In my daw say failed Vst. 

I have updated the last version for win 10. I have 4 tikets to support service center but no body respond. 

It's a disaster service. I can't authorize the plugins for win 10. Esto es una mierda de servicio.!!! Soy Español y tengo pod, Helix floor and the helix native but never and ever lm going to by something more from lin6. 

15 hours ago, herny said:

Esto es una mierda de servicio.!!! Soy Español y tengo pod

Hola,

Entiendo que está muy descontento con esta situación, pero ¿por qué es culpa de Line 6?
Dices que tu sistema operativo Windows ha cambiado y ahora Native no funciona.
Seguramente, esta ira que siente debería estar dirigida a Microsoft, no a Line 6.
Muchos miles de personas usan HX Native todos los días sin ningún problema.
Espero que esto ayude / tenga sentido.

Hi,

I understand that you are very unhappy about this situation, but why is it the fault of Line 6? 
You say that your Windows operating system has changed and now Native doesn't work. 
Surely, this anger you feel should be aimed at Microsoft, not Line 6.

Many thousands of people are using HX Native everyday without any problems.
Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 5/15/2021 at 8:48 PM, usedbyanr said:

I'm starting to sound like a broken record. Do you have an SD Card?

Thank you so much!  I can't believe that was the issue haha.  For me it wasn't a full SD card.  I just had my microSD card USB adapter plugged in and that was enough to throw it off.
I'm not sure why when I searched the forums that result didn't come up, but seriously thank you so much for taking the time to copy and paste that here.  It would've taken me forever to figure this out probably.  What a silly solution haha.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Fugumss said:

What a dumb comment, cmon.  There's no anger here lol.  I'm looking for help in a support  thread.  Part of designing software is making it work with the operating systems out there, so if a Windows update breaks software it's as much the devs problem as much as its' the OS's problem.  Get over yourself, dude.  This is a support thread.  Either try to help solve the problem or stay out.  You comment does absolutely nothing but try to make other people feel bad for looking for help.  Jerk.

Really - for someone who has only made two posts here, your attitude could do with some readjustment.

If you had taken the time to check, my reply was nothing to do with your original post, but was specifically aimed at the guy from Spain and his rather abusive comment about Line 6 Customer Support.

As for you remarks - Get over yourself, dude.  This is a support thread.  Either try to help solve the problem or stay out.”

Absolute genius - I have been actively involved in these Helix forums for the past 6 years - mostly fixing technical problems for users. If you care to check you will also find that there are many times that an update on a Windows machine has brought the whole house of cards tumbling down. 

As you have taken time to make such unnecessary vulgar comments I will simply say I hope you get the issue resolved with Reaper. If not - well don’t expect any assistance from me - dude, mkay!

I may not be perfect, but at least I’m not you - DILLIGAF

15 hours ago, Fugumss said:

It would've taken me forever to figure this out probably.

Just think - if you hadn’t gone out of your way to insult me, and checked out the first response to your plea for assistance, you would have found the answer a lot sooner. Also, since the problem with the SD Card has been a know issue since April 2020, I didn’t bother to mention it in my Spanish response to “herny”, because the solution had been posted previously. Let’s see how long it takes him to figure it out.

BTW, deleting your nasty post to me didn’t erase it from the copy I quoted - it’s still there.