Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dust Cover

DolurumMafikala

After recently cleaning my footswitches I am looking for a way to keep the dust off my HD 500X.

I'm looking for something where I can leave the board in place and connected, then just slip the cover off when I want to play. I'm not looking for a transporting solution.

I've seen stretchy keyboard covers which might be a good option, but haven't seen one small enough.

While I Google, does anyone already have a dust cover they like?

Yes I use a very effective dust cover. A piece of cloth. An old tea towel works wonders. They come in a nearly infinite variety of colours and patterns. You can even tie-dye it for an extra fashionable customized look.

FYI... I purchased the Line 6 M20d mixer years ago and splurged on the custom-fit moulded dust cover for it. Not as effective as a tea towel or T-shirt. So perhaps there’s some buyer’s remorse in my response .....

Talk about expensive overkill to a simple problem.... I got duped!

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjE0t-Cqs7wAhVCLs0KHcpHB_8QFjAAegQIBhAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.long-mcquade.com%2F45740%2FPro_Audio_Recording%2FAccessories%2FLine_6%2FStagescape_M20d_Dust_Cover.htm&usg=AOvVaw0rrzRyKBYJ3-T0S7LJrpw0

We have seen one... come'on, someone has to have the link... there is a clear rubber sheet made for the 500. It protects from beer and puke and all that other stuff that people let on their stages. 

You don't have to take it off to use it. It is designed for to stay on. 

• 1 month later...

I ended up getting a Gator GMC-2222 https://www.gatorcases.com/products/mixer/mixerrecording-gear-covers/stretchy-mixer/22-x-22-mixer-cover-gmc-2222/

It is square rather than rectangular, but being stretchy it fits well enough. It feels like decent quality and was inexpensive. It is made of that stretchy swimming suit sort of material so might repel a mild liquid spill as well. This is how it looks on the device.

image.thumb.png.203255f9d02fc48aafe3bff8d29a278c.png

HD500 is rather sturdy, the only weak points are knobs and power and USB ports. They are very prone to a nasty break if somebody steps on them and it might damage the PCB board too.

Because of that, I think soft bags give false sense of safety. For my POD I have a hard case ($45 used lol), but I don't use its cover after daily practice (I would need to unplug all cables), instead I've made a dust cover from a piece cardboard ;)

Obviously a cover made from thin PVC sheet would be sturdier and more pleasant to the eye, but I'm too lazy...

zsmniag.jpg

UB5YqPi.jpg